𝘅𝗶𝗶. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝘅𝗲 𝗺𝘂𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗿

WARNINGS: SMUT, MENTIONS OF BLOOD, TRAUMA AND VIOLENCE

┌─────── •✦• ───────┐

Monday, February 20th, 1918

GREED can be a god and traitors are its devout followers.

There seemed to be someone pulling the strings, hiding in the shadows and whispering in the ears of the most malleable and moulding them for their bidding.

The axe murderer preyed on whoever and whatever he could find. His brutal weapon of choice sliced across the heads of many and left a bloody path in its wake.

When the clock struck eleven minutes past eleven, he came out to play.

The young witch queen dreamt of the pale man with an ageing face and a harsh brow that routinely forced her out of her slumber, leaving her hybrid lover to comfort her.

That was until she manically sketched the axe murderer and his victims, painting the scene for those not there to witness his crimes. Each time she picked up a pencil or a pen, it graced the paper and brought the visions that flashed across her eyes to life.

Adrienne was becoming more powerful, however so were her enemies.

Kill a demon today and face the devil tomorrow.

─────── •✦• ───────

"So what have you brought for me child?" the voodoo queen asked the moment she stepped into her humble abode.

The youngest Lumière arrived with a briefcase full of illustrations of her vivid dreams. Klaus had aided her with smudging and crafting each image to make it as apparent as possible. He treated it like a bonding session; a date, even though they were drawing the man who taunted her dreams... odd, but it was Klaus.

"Drawings of the latest serial killer of the city," she replied and carefully placed each sketch onto Marie's kitchen table.

The various papers had black chalk, pen and pencil tainting them. Some were darker than others, whilst a few were quite striking. A top hat sat on top of the alleged man's head, as he swung through the necks of his victims, leaving a bloodied and butchered trail as a sinister smirk tugged at his lips.

Marie blinked at the young witch, "You sure it's not your man?" she teased.

"I'm sure," Adrienne drawled, "He tends to use weapons on his siblings, very rarely anyone else."

"Charming."

Adrienne feigned fondness, "Isn't he?"

Marie huffed out a chuckle then folded her arms, "I'm surprised you're coming to see me during the day."

The sun still burned through the winter sky, not even the gloomy clouds could block its path.

"I did before," Adrienne murmured and shifted the papers around, wanting to see if there was a connection between locations or if was sporadic.

"Oh I know," Marie nodded, "The witch and voodoo queen seen together," she let out a dramatic gasp, "you sure Erebus won't be mad?" she asked and Adrienne instantly tensed, "Your daddy has eyes everywhere." she waved her pointer finger around.

"Well my daddy isn't around to know the contents of what we're speaking about, does he?" the Lumière sassed and ignored the pang to her chest.

"He still hasn't returned huh?"