𝘅𝘅𝘃𝗶𝗶𝗶. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗲𝗰𝘆

keep commenting and voting!

WARNINGS: MENTIONS OF DEATH, TRAUMA, VIOLENCE AND BLOOD

┌─────── •✦• ───────┐

Thursday, December 18th, 1919

"BLOW out the candle, blow out the light. Hell is near, the devil will bite. The author, the original and the maker will arrive, maim and come to take her. The snake hissed and spilt the truth, causing damage to the family, especially the youth.

The clock is ticking, so only time will tell, they will all need a miracle or a dark spell. Judgement day is close, so repent your sin. For the devil is coming, after all, especially your kin. So listen up and then you'll learn, Everyone will burn. Everyone will burn."

Valerie's daunting words had everyone on edge. Since the death of Erebus Lumière, powers erupted and became more erratic, at times they thrived, but in others, they morphed into something uncontrollable. Adrienne, though grieving did her best to control herself, especially around her baby boy. Hadeon tried to handle his well, a drink or two could remedy that. Fortunately, Evania was a great help, being a siphon served well and she and Clementine monitored the city. Other French quarter witches still kept to themselves, whispering, and humming about the prophecies that surrounded them.

Dark times were on the rise, darker than they had ever seen and yet no one truly knew how to prepare themselves.

"I've been dreaming of father."

Rebekah immediately tensed up at the hybrid's words.

The Mikaelson siblings occupied Elijah's study, spread out across the room.

The blonde original's hold on the energetic tribrid tightened, causing him to whine and thrash around.

Klaus was beside his sister in seconds, taking his son out of her hands and bouncing him in his arms, not before shooting a glare at the vampire. Malachai soon calmed and gripped his father's many necklaces.

Malachai learnt to distract himself, whether it was Elijah's ties, Rebekah's flowing hair, Marcel's daylight ring, Hadeon's face or his mother's breasts.

Kol watched as his brother talked to his nephew with the biggest smile on his face, sending his wretchedness haywire.

"You are not alone, brother," Elijah spoke from behind his desk. "He visits me in my dreams also."

"Me as well," Kol stated, looking out the window.

"Rebekah?" Klaus asked and they all turned to their sister.

"What?" she slumped on the leather sofa, growing uncomfortable by their stares.

"Don't tell me it's only us he decides to torment," Kol scrunched up his face.

"She was always father's favourite, it shouldn't come as a shock for him to exclude her from his terror," Klaus muttered, almost bitterly.

Turning away from his sister, he gleefully ran his fingers across Malachai's stomach, extracting giggles from him.

As soon as Malachai faced his aunt, his lip started to quiver and his eyes began to water, alerting his father.

Kol was confused, "What's wrong with him?"

"He's a baby Kol, babies cry you, oaf," Klaus cast him a glare and tried claiming his son, whose tears painted his face red.

Elijah emerged from behind his desk, missing the guilt-filled look from his sister and attempted to distract his nephew.