EPILOGUE

keep voting and commenting pls

WARNINGS: MENTIONS OF GRIEF, PTSD, VIOLENCE, BLOOD AND DEATH

┌─────── •✦• ───────┐

THEY said that the best revenge was not to be like your enemy, but to beat them, becoming them was the only option.

Dalia was bested, but it wasn't easy, it was gruelling and heartbreaking. It was discovered with the help of Freya – their long-lost sister – that they had to use the witch who broke their Dalia's heart, initially they believed it to be Freya, however Adrienne and Klaus soon realised it was Esther, meaning the Mikaeslons had to resurrect her, all while trying to combat their father. Mikael wouldn't hurt his daughters and the moment he saw his eldest in the clutches of his dreadful sister-in-law, he tried taking matters into his own hands.

Esther briefly returned and spilt the truth about what happened to Freya, shredding tears and receiving no sympathy from the family, especially not a murderous Mikael. The original witch and her sister soon turned to rubble and, just when Freya thought she would reunite with her father, Klaus grabbed the white oak stake and stabbed it into his chest, drawing a gut-wrenching cry from his eldest sister.

Collectively none of them decided to stay in New Orleans, it's for the best, was what they said every day after spending most of their nights in an escape house Klaus owned in Arkansas. He didn't wish to stay, not able to stomach being only hours away from where his eldest son met his end, he didn't even allow Adrienne to try to locate his body, instead, they packed up their vitals and shipped away.

For years now, everyone was split up, Valerie decided to stay in New Orleans, running the Euphoria on her own and hoped one day she could open her own witch shop. Emerson and Easton elected her the new representative for the witch faction whilst they each kept the Saints running.

Clementine explored the globe with Elijah, unlike Adrienne, who never saw Paris, instead, Klaus brought her, Malachai and Rebekah to Chicago.

Hadeon and Evania went off on their own, trying to draw together the perfect special to conceal the tribrid's existence from the world. But for Finn and Kol, It was radio silence, only a letter from each to them all.

─────── •✦• ───────

Friday, February 13th, 1923

"Malachai, it's time for bed," Adrienne said, picking up his toys from the ground of the three-story house they resided in. For three years it'd been their home and the three-year-old tribrid hadn't initially taken to it. Ever since the great fire of New Orleans (what everyone referred to as Mikael's attack) the tribrid's demeanour changed, his bubbling personality had subsided and his speech had worsened, very rarely did he speak and when he did it came as a shock to his family. Selective mutism, a doctor diagnosed. Marcel's demise played a big part in his regression, which added to his father's fluctuating moods, "Malachai, I know you're here."