𝘅𝗶𝗶𝗶. 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁

please keep voting and commenting guys.

WARNINGS: LIGHT SMUT, BLOOD, MENTIONS OF VIOLENCE AND TRAUMA

┌─────── •✦• ───────┐

Wednesday, March 1st, 1918:

SELF-preservation ensured survival during these dark years, it became a basic instinct for most of the population.

The city was under fire, fortunately, it was only spreading slowly.

But to protect the people that wouldn't protect them; The Lumière siblings, along with the help of their trusted mentor Ms Laveau, placed wooden dolls on various street corners, hidden amongst the debris and coal. Why? Because that's where the Axe murderer attacked the most.

Setting the Vodou dolls around the city weakened the ghost's power, but for how long?

Marie advised her mentees to keep their plan concealed, to prevent any traitors from intervening, however, Adrienne couldn't help but tell Valerie, who in turn told Clementine.

The Queen witch felt immense guilt because she didn't inform her best friend about their plan, although, Kali was far too busy even to talk nowadays unless it was during a witch meeting. Odd, but everything was strange so it fits in with the atmosphere of the city.

With the continuation of Adrienne's premonitions and the aftermath of the war, problems kept circling, however, they still had enough time to discover who was the city's newest sinner.

They only hoped they didn't lose anyone before it was too late.

─────── •✦• ───────

"Deon, stop being a harlot and help me," Adrienne's screech echoed through the Lumière estate.

"It's part of my livelihood sister," Hadeon teased as he strolled past his sister and sorted through the broken glass on the floor, "besides, we have magic," he add and quickly buttoned up his shirt.

Mira poked her head out of the kitchen door, seeming distressed with her cooking, "you said you were going to help me with breakfast."

Adrienne's laughter interrupted the couple, "you don't want him in the kitchen Mimi, he will do more harm than good," she quipped, dissolving the shattered glass bottle and flickering her eyes back to brown.

"Hey!" her brother feigned offence and pecked his lover's lips before she shut the door, "I'm a great chef."

Adrienne snickered, "Only when pigs fly, the kitchen won't be on fire and our eyebrows will stay in place..."

Hadeon bitterly laughed and nudged her, almost knocking her off her balance.

"Deon, don't hit me," Adrienne exaggerated and the kitchen door flung open as Mira stormed out, with her arms on her hips.

"Hadeon Julian Lumière," she scolded loudly, making him reel back, "keep your hands off woman, especially your sister."

His mouth gaped open, "Gorgeous I-"

"Or you won't be eating anything tonight."

Before he could respond, the kitchen door slammed shut, leaving him dumbfounded as his sister stilted a laugh.

"Someone's in trouble," Adrienne murmured.

Hadeon snapped his head towards her with a glare, "Keep your mouth shut."