Chapter 7: I Think

I ran back to the kitchen and put the steaks in the broiler. I pull theside dishes out of the oven and set them on the counter. I decide it would be kind of cool and slightly more intimate to eat in the living room. So, I quickly move some furniture around so I can lay down ablanket. I run and grab the candles that Quinn insisted I keep at my house; because apparently every girl should have dinner candles for special occasions. I look in my cupboards for the candleholders and quickly wash them and set them down on the blanket and light them. I look down at my hands and see they are shaking again. What the hell is wrong with me? I go to pour myself a shot but decide against, I instead call Quinn.

Hello?

Q I'm freaking out

Oh God, did you burn my steak?

What the hell? Quinn, come on. I'm serious.

I am too, I promised Sam a steak dinner when he got home.

I sigh. No, I didn't burn your damn steaks, and you better be on your way because I don't want you coming over while Laur and I are eating.

I'm in the lobby actually, when the steaks are done just text me and I came to the door.

Ok I say shakily.

Camila, breathe. Why are you overthinking this with Lauren?

I don't know. I like her more than I've ever liked anyone and it's scary. I've only known her for like 2 weeks.

Where is she now?

She's taking a bath.

At your place?

Yeah, it's part of my romantic night. Do you think it's creepy I ran her a bath?

Not at all. I love when I come home, and Sam has a bath run for me.

Ok, ok, ok I say while checking on the steaks. Come to the door in. 10 minutes and I'll have your dinner wrapped up.

Thanks Mila

I gotta finish setting up

I hung up the phone and finished setting up the "table" for us. I take my throw pillows and toss them on the floor strategically. I step back and look around at the set up. I go open the blinds on my huge bay window so the moonlight can stream in. I turn off the lamps and light the scented candles I have lining the windowsill and the coffee table. I hear the oven timer go off so I go pull out the steaks and smile when I see they are cooked to perfection.

I quickly wrap up Quinn and Sam's steaks and like clockwork I hear a soft knock at the door. I run to the door and step in the hall with the food.

"I want my Pyrex bowl back Q." I say sternly while handing her the bag.

"Geez, you'll get it back." Quinn said with a smile. "Thanks again."

"I just made your steak, go home and make some mashed potatoes, and broil some asparagus. Right after you put the steak on the plate place the shrimp on top and pour the butter sauce over." I informed her.

Quinn looks at me with a dumbfounded look. I laugh and reach in my pocket and pull out the very detailed instructions I wrote down for her. "Here, follow this exactly, it should take maybe 20 minutes. Keep the top on the bowl and steaks should stay hot until your sides are down." I told her.

She hugs me quickly. "Thanks, and good luck tonight."

"You're welcome and thanks." I told her.

"Call me tomorrow and let me know how it goes with her." She says while heading towards the elevator.