Chapter 8: Let's Do Brunch

Friday 5pm

The past week has been one of the best weeks ever. I've seen Lauren every single day, and every time she walks through the door of my apartment it's like I'm seeing her for the first time and I lose my breath. While she is amazing to look at, I think I'm more attracted to her personality than anything else. Talking to her is so easy, just last night we went from a conversation on politics and the economy to talking about how Squidward from SpongeBob is really an octopus and not a squid. Crazy convo switch right? But that's how it is with Lauren and I love it. She's quirky one minute and then super intellectual the next. She just amazes me. We unfortunately had to cancel our date at her place on Wednesday because she was called into work at the diner again. Seriously, whatever asshole keeps cutting into my Lauren time is starting to piss me off. I surprised her when she got off work with a romantic midnight stroll through Central Park after I picked her up. I grabbed burritos from Chipotle and a hot chocolate from Starbucks for us to share. Her hot chocolate is by far more superior but we settled that night for theirs.

We sat in the park and talked for over an hour while we people watched. New York truly is the city that doesn't sleep; there were so many people out last night, walking their pets, jogging, and just going on with their lives. Laur and I sat cuddled on a bench while she told me random facts like how there is a "Hug Me" Coca-Cola machine in Singapore that gives you a can of Coke each time you hug it and how dimples are scientifically considered deformities. She then made me smile so she could kiss each of my dimples and tell me how much she loved them. Random conversations like that make me want Lauren around me all the time. After our midnight snack, we headed back to my apartment and ended up falling asleep on the couch while we watched TV.

So here it is Friday, and today is officially my first day of work at Molasses tonight. Lauren spent the night again after we watched a movie and fell asleep on the couch again, good thing my couch is super comfy. She left super early this morning, I think around 6 or so. I just remember her kissing me goodbye and telling me to go get in the bed. She was teaching an early class with Mike and wanted to get to the studio early to stretch and go over the routine once more. She has to work at the diner tonight until 10 but said she would be coming to the bar once she got off and changed. Quinn said she was coming as well for a show of support. I know Quinn; she was coming for the free drinks too.

I've been standing in my closet for over 20 minutes trying to figure out what to wear. I knew if I wore a low cut top, so my boobs were on display I would be sure to get more tips, and I needed the money. I was doing pretty good on bills so far and my checking and savings account were both in pretty good shape, but I wanted to keep them that way. The end of the month was approaching fast and with rent, my phone bill, and my energy bill all due, the week after I need to make my car payment so I need to have a great weekend in tips. Plus, I was dating someone now, and having extra cash would be a definite plus.

I needed to make a decision quickly. Puck told me to get to the bar around 6:30pm so I could work his 2nd happy hour, which was from 7 to 10pm and included karaoke. He said it would be some easy tips since a lot of people needed liquid courage to perform, so drinks were usually flowing heavily. I did fairly well this past week when he had me come in during the day and learn some drinks, so I was feeling confident about working this weekend. My hair and makeup were done so I just needed to put on a damn outfit. I sat on the bed and pulled out my phone to text Lauren.

TO LOLO: Hey Laur, I don't know what I should wear to work tonight. Help me :(

I put my phone down expecting Lauren to take a little while to respond, she was at work after all, but she texted back right away.

FROM LOLO: You will look gorgeous in ANYthing. :)

I smile and blush at the phone, and try to think of a response but she sent a follow up text.