Chapter 14: Dinner Is Served

30 minutes later Lo and I are headed to Quinn's condo, she let me use her iPad to look up a few dinner ideas on Pinterest, which is definitely my favorite website in the world, while she drove. I was kind of flustered at my apartment that I didn't eat breakfast, so she pulls into a McDonalds to order a coffee and a sausage McMuffin for me, and a sweet tea for herself. I quickly pull out my debit card and hand it to her." I'll pay babe." I tell her with a smile. "Ok." Lauren shrugs and puts her wallet back in her purse and hands the cashier my card. "What are some ideas you have for dinner?" She asks while handing my card back and giving me the bag. I quickly take a sip of the coffee and smile. "Well, I was thinking a seafood bruschetta with a parmesan baguette, and personal spinach and artichoke dip bread bowls for appetizers. I can cut bread to make crispy sticks for dipping too."

"Whoa, that sounds amazing." Lauren said with a smile. "Do you think we can find that many bread bowls? We may need to go to a bakery." I took a bite of my sandwich and shook my head. "I'm going to bake the bread fresh, then hollow out the bowl myself so I can use the inside for something, so we just can get some frozen dough and I can soften it up and thaw it out, I don't have time to make fresh dough." I explain to her.

I took a bite of my sandwich and shook my head. "I'm going to bake the bread fresh, then hollow out the bowl myself so I can use the inside for something, so we just can get some frozen dough and I can soften it up and thaw it out, I don't have time to make fresh dough." I explain to her. "I love bruschetta so I can't wait to taste it." Lauren said while reaching over and grabbing my hand. "And fresh baked bread is sooooooo good." Lauren says excitedly. "Can you make some cinnamon raisin bread one day?" She asks with the cutest smile in the world.

"I'll make you some tomorrow, Lo." I tell her while winking at her. "Anything you ever want me to cook or bake, just ask baby." "Thanks!" She says happily while slightly bouncing in the seat out of excitement. "Actually, I can probably use the inside of the bowls for the bruschetta." I think out loud to myself. "Do you mind if I use the notes portion on your iPad babe, I want to jot some stuff down before I forget." "Go ahead, it's yours now." Lauren replies.

"What?" I ask while looking up at her. "I have 2 iPads, Camz." Lauren said while stopping at a red light. "My uncle bought me one for my birthday this year, but I had this one. I didn't want to tell him that I had one and hurt his feelings because he was all excited when he gave it to me. So, you can just keep this one and use it for your cooking stuff if you want." "Thanks Lo," I tell her. "I can give you some money for it."

"Why would you do that?" She frowned. "I have 2, I don't need 2, so I'm giving you one of them. Not a big deal. I was going to re-gift the other one for Christmas this year anyways." She laughed. "Well, then this is your Christmas present to me baby, I don't need anything else." I tell her while lifting her hand and kissing it.

"You know you only got like 2 and a half maybe 3 hours of sleep last night Camz, are you okay to cook all of this all day?" Lauren asked. I take another bite of my sandwich and stifle back a yawn. "I should be okay." "Well, while Quinn and I prep stuff for you, can you lay down at least?" Lauren asked as she turned the corner and parked in front of Quinn's building. "An hour power nap will help you out, at least get you through the initial cooking."

"I guess I can do that." I tell her. "What about you?" "I slept a little longer than you, I got off work around midnight, I went back to your place and went to bed right away, I only woke up when you came in." Lauren said while opening the car door. "I want you to rest too." I tell her while getting out of the car. "Well maybe after we prep everything we can lie down together for little while, maybe while you bake the bread."" Lauren suggested. "Ok, I would like that." I tell her while grabbing her hand and pulling her close to me. She quickly leans down and pecks me on the lips before walking in the building.