Chapter 11: Happy Anniversary

9am

Last night when I finally told Lauren I loved her I felt like a huge weight was lifted off of my chest. I felt free. I don't know why I was scared to tell her but I can say it is the greatest feeling ever to love someone and know that they love you back. We stayed out in the park for another hour or so just in our little world, no one else existed at that time, no one ever exists when I'm with Lo though. When I look into Lauren's eyes I get lost, completely lost and I love it. I love her. We came back to my place and snuggled in bed while exchanging not so innocent kisses with one another until we fell asleep, me lying on Lauren's chest with her arm firmly around my waist.

Even though we went to sleep pretty late, I'm wide-awake this early, staring at Lo while she sleeps. She is so beautiful. She never really wears makeup and she's still gorgeous. I could literally stare at her for hours. I kiss her softly on the lips and get out of bed. When I get to the living room I see Lord Tubs is awake as well; I put some food in his bowl and change his water and sit down with him for a while. He actually comes by and rubs against my arm, which I guess is his way of saying 'thank you'. I smile at him and rub him behind the ear, I kind of love him too.

I go to the kitchen so I can make Lo an anniversary breakfast; I plan on cooking dinner as well for us tonight. I know Lo loves breakfast food, I made pumpkin pancakes for dinner on Halloween and she was so excited. I had to work at the bar that night, which sucked because I really wanted to dress up Lo, but when I got home from work I made pancakes for us. We ate them surrounded by orange candles and told each other scary stories, one of the best Halloweens I've ever had.

I pull out ingredients to make apple cinnamon French toast, Santa Fe eggs, sautéed ham steaks, and hash browns. I put my iPod on the dock in the kitchen and start cooking. I still can't stop wondering why Lauren didn't answer if she was rich or not. Maybe she's a spy for the FBI, or maybe she does insider trading, or maybe she's a drug dealer. I shake my head and laugh at myself my ridiculous assumptions as my ipod switches to Lorde's song Royals, which is like my favorite song right now. I instantly start singing along.

I've never seen a diamond in the flesh

I cut my teeth on wedding rings in the movies

And I'm not proud of my address,

In a torn-up town, no postcode envy

But every song's like gold teeth, gray goose, trippin' in the bathroom

Blood stains, ball gowns, trashin' the hotel room,

We don't care, we're driving Cadillacs in our dreams.

But everybody's like Cristal*Maybach, diamonds on your timepiece.

Jet planes, islands, tigers on a gold leash
We don't care, we aren't caught up in your love affair

I'm singing, not so quietly, while grating cheese to top off our eggs, when I hear a knock at the door. I run to the door hoping whoever it is doesn't wake Lauren, when I'm greeted by 3 delivery boys holding armfuls of flowers in huge vases. "Camila Cabello?" One of them asks me. I nod slowly. "Yeah that's me." "Happy Anniversary." They all reply with half assed smiles.

A huge smile crosses my face. "Thanks, umm you can set them right on the table here." I say while stepping aside and pointing to the coffee table. They set down the flowers and quickly leave. I stand and stare in awe at the massive amount of flowers when I feel two arms wrap around my waist and a gentle kiss on the back of my neck. "Happy Anniversary." Lauren says sweetly. I quickly turn in her arms so I can face her. "Happy Anniversary Lo!" I reply with a huge smile before leaning up and kissing her. "I love you Lo." I say confidently while pulling her closer to me. Being able to actually tell her out loud and not just in my head is awesome.