Chapter 16: Blizzard Part Two

11pm

Lo and I pack up 4 suitcases with her clothes and some other items before heading back to my place. Once we get there, I promptly kick Quinn out of the kitchen and take over cooking the rest of the tacos. I get a little carried away and end up making Spanish rice, fresh salsa, queso sauce, and guacamole. I set everything out on the counter, and by everything, I mean the 3 different meats I made, the cheese, lettuce, olives, and jalapenos, and nod in approval over the spread I put together. I pull out the blender and mix up some fresh mango and raspberry margaritas. Yes, I used fresh mango and raspberries; margaritas taste way better with fresh fruit in them. I'm pulling out plates for everyone and warming up the shells when Mercedes walked in the kitchen. "Damn Mila, girl I feel like I'm in Mexico." Mercedes laughs. "Need any help?" I turn and smile at her. "I get a little carried away when I cook sometimes." I admit. "I think I have it all taken care of." I say while looking around. I pour her a shot of tequila and slide it over to her before pouring one for myself. "I heard some of your conversation with Lo." I tell her. "I promise I won't hurt her, and I'm definitely not using her for her money. I'm so in love with her, Mercedes, I would never do anything to ruin what we have.

Mercedes grabs her shot and lifts it up. "I've known you for like 2 days and I believe you. I'm super protective of Lauren, she can be a little naïve around people." Mercedes said softly. "But I can tell she's more than in good hands with you Camila." Mercedes raises her glass to me. I clink my glass with her, and we knock back the shots. I hand Mercedes a lime, but she refuses. "Toughen up girl, no chasers, no limes." She teases.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." I laugh out. "Grab a plate and dig in, I'll get Quinn and Lo." I tell her as I leave the kitchen. After we all eat, Quinn suggests we play some games. Lauren brought a box of games over, so she happily jumps up and ran to the guestroom and pulls out Taboo. "So, what are teams?" Mercedes asks. Quinn laughs while lifting her glass and taking a sip. "You know they want to be on teams." Quinn teases. "Of course." I tell her. "Q, I love you babe, but you suck at games." I laugh while refilling everyone's glasses. "No more for me Camzi." Lauren says as I go to refill her glass. "What's wrong? You don't like them?" I ask her quietly.

"They're awesome Camz, but I have to take Mercedes to get her stuff later, and with the snow, I don't want to drive with a buzz." She smiles. "So responsible." I wink and kiss her. Lauren immediately deepens the kiss causing me to moan softly. "Break it up lovebirds, you have company." Quinn teases while throwing chips at us. I smile into the kiss and break it before pecking her lips one more time, just as Chef runs over and grabs a chip from Lauren's lap and runs away quickly, causing us all to laugh at him. "He is the cutest dog ever." Quinn laughs out as Chef runs back over and looks for another fallen chip to eat. Lauren jumps up and grabs him a treat and holds it out to him instead. He grabs his treat and runs over to his bed to eat it. "Alright ladies, let's get this game started." I say happily while sitting down next to Lauren on the floor. "Ready to kick some butt, Quinn?" Mercedes asks while high fiving her. "Let's do this." Quinn smirks. "We got this baby." I tell Lauren while lifting her hand and kissing it.

2 hours later Quinn and Mercedes were begging for mercy after Lo, and I completely dominated the game.

"You two have to be cheating." Mercedes laughs. "I don't cheat." Lauren laughs. "I'm with Cedes, something's not right." Quinn complains. "Camila, you said James Earl Jones, and Lauren guessed father!" "Uh yeah, James Earl Jones was Mufasa in Lion King, the father." Lauren shrugs casually. "You two are so in sync with one another it's amazing." Mercedes smiles. "You two up for another game?" I ask. "No, I'm tapped out, I need to get home." Quinn says while yawning and stretching. "Laur, you mind giving me a ride home since you're taking Mercedes somewhere?"