Chapter 20: Bonjour

"Lo...." I breathe out as I look around the living room. "Bonjour!" She says happily as she grabs my hand and pulls me into a tight hug before she kisses me on each cheek. "Bonjour." I reply back to her, still in shock. "Can I see you passport please ma'am?" Lauren states with a serious face. "I don't carry it on me Lo, it's put up." I tell her. "Hmmmm, that may cause a problem because I can't let you in without it." She replies while looking around and then dropping my hands. I laugh as she cocks her head to the side and frowns. "Well, maybe you can grab it for me then?" I suggest. "I can tell you exactly where it is in the bedroom."

Lauren quickly shakes her head. "I don't want to rummage through your personal things." "It's not rummaging Lo, it's just in the drawer under my leggings in a red box." I tell her with a smile.

"I have a better idea." Lauren says with a smile as she pulls a small black book out of her back pocket. "Why don't you use this one instead?" She says as she hands me the book, which has a picture of us on the cover of it. It was a picture we took together on one of our midnight strolls through Central Park. Lauren is on my back, holding me tightly around the neck as I look up at her and smile; she's looking down at me with the biggest smile ever, it may sound sappy but we look so in love in the picture. We were on one of our "dork dates". We dubbed the name "dork dates" one night when we decided to dress completely alike, from head to toe, and go for a walk. We ended up on a scavenger hunt that Lauren made up as we went along, so I had no clue what we were looking for. One of items on Lo's imaginary list was for me to run through the park with her on my back, and then get a complete stranger, that was wearing a red coat, to take our picture. After 20 minutes of me running through the cold, we finally found an older woman who was walking her dog to take our picture. Our faces are completely glowing, I don't know if it's from the moon, or the freezing temperature, or the love we have for each other but it's definitely one of my favorite pictures of us. I have a copy in my phone and look at it all the time. That was definitely one of the best nights with Lo, I love when we just let everything go and goof off with one another.

"What is this?" I ask her as I run my hand over the small book and look up at her. "That is your special "Camren" passport. You'll need it to get you in quite a few places." Lauren explains as she picks up a date stamp from the table by the front door and stamps the first page, she writes Paris in a heart underneath and hands it back to me. "What's Camren?" I ask her slowly with a smile. "It's a mashup of our names, like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are Brangela, and ummm, Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner are Bennifer, and Kim K and Kanye are Kimye." She explains. "I came up with Laurmila for us too." She blushes. "Wanky but I like it." I laugh out. "Camren works for me though." I tell her.

"Welcome to Paris, Camila." She says with a smile as she grabs my hand and leads me further into the living room, which is covered in white felt on the floor, there are 2 white satin pillows on top of a pallet Lo put together on the floor, and there are white lights everywhere. Lauren has a huge replica Eiffel Tower, which I'm scared to ask how much it cost and where she got from, right in the middle of the living room. She has lights streaming through it as well and there is a neon sign on the wall that is blinking Paris. "This is magical Lo." I tell her as she takes my coat off me. "Where's the furniture?" I then ask when I don't see the coffee table, TV, or sectional. "Everything is tucked in the bedrooms." She says quietly. "Ok." I nod never taking my eyes of the Eiffel Tower. "I wanted to have French food, but it's kind of late so I skipped that, hope you aren't mad." She asks shyly.

"No, this is perfect Lo." I tell her. "I could never get mad over that when you did all of this." "I figured we could lay under the stars and sleep next to the Eiffel Tower tonight." Lauren explains. "The other night when we watched that travel show you mentioned how romantic it would be to sleep under the Eiffel Tower and look up at the stars. So tonight, we are." "The stars?" I ask her. She turns the lamp off in the living room and points to the ceiling where there are stars of all sizes glowing. I don't know what to say so I hug her tightly and kiss her. "I love you so much." I tell her. "I love you too." She winks at me. "I did get us French wine; I'll grab some glasses. Wait right here. Don't move." She calls over her shoulder as she skips to the kitchen. I stare at her as she walks away and shake my head. I'm beyond lucky