Chapter 17: Welcome Home Chef

Wednesday 7am

The past two days that I've been snowed in with Laur, Chef, and Lord Tubs have been amazing. Ok, so we saw Lord Tubs like twice the entire time, but still he was there. Laur and I made the joint decision that if by Wednesday night at 6pm if no one called and claimed Chef, we would consider him ours and keep him. So needless to say, I'll be on pins and needles all day hoping no one claims him. I've never had a pet before, and I kind of see why now. It's honestly like having a baby; Chef really isn't a lot of trouble, aside from his whimpering to get out of his cage every night at 3am. I'm a sucker for his little furry face and last night I snuck him in bed with Laur and me, so he's currently cuddled in my chest right now. Well, he was until he woke up a few minutes ago and began chewing on my pillow and licking my face aggressively, like I was a damn doggy treat, so I set him on the floor and watched him scurry out of the room. I sit up until I heard the faints sounds of him squeaking a toy before I turn and cuddle back close to Laur.

"He has you wrapped around his paw." Lauren giggled out sleepily as she hides her face in my neck and exhales softly while wrapping her arm around my waist and rubbing my side lazily. "I'm spoiling him bad huh?" I reply while rubbing Lauren's back. "Maybe, but I think it's adorable." Lauren replies before leaning back and kissing me softly on the lips.

"Sorry for bringing him in bed with us, I should have asked you first." I tell her quickly. "It's ok." She states while opening her eyes. "Nothing to apologize for Camz, it's not like he pooped in the bed." She shrugs before she closes her eyes again. "You're off all day, right?" Lauren asks me sleepily. "Yeah, I am. Are you?" I ask her as I wiggle impossibly closer to her. "Yeah, and I want to spend the whole day with you again." She says while smiling. "Do you want to help me bake today? I can pay you in cookies and kisses." I ask her. "Add cupcakes and you have a deal." Lauren laughs out.

"Hmmmm, I think that can be arranged." I say while kissing her. "What kind of cupcakes do you want?" I mumble against her lips. "Vanilla cupcakes, caramel frosting, and sprinkles." She says with a huge smile. "Sounds awesome, how about if I add a Hershey's kiss in the middle?" I tell her. "Seriously?" She asks. I nod. "I have the perfect recipe for caramel buttercream too." "I can't wait!" Lauren says before she starts to kiss my neck softly. "Have you thought about naming your cupcakes? Like how you made the Snixxbite shot and the Snixxtini?" She asks me.

I shake my head and sit up because that is a great idea. I rarely make anything traditional desert wise. I like to jazz things up. "That's a great idea Laur." "How about after we bake and you deliver your cookies to everyone, we think of some cool specialty cupcake and cookie names," Lauren says while sitting up as well. "I would love that." I tell her as Chef comes running in the bedroom with a bone in his mouth. He looks up at me and lays down quickly in the doorway and begins to eat his bone.

"What time do you want to start this morning; I need to meet with the contractors for the penthouse and I think you should come." Lauren says while she begins to massage my shoulders. I kiss her hand and lay back down pulling Laur with me. "What are you going to meet them for?" I ask her. "To pick out the stain for the hardwood floors in the living room, and the bedrooms, and the marble for the kitchen and bathroom counters." Lauren states. "You are going to be living there as well, I want you to come, Camila, and give your opinion." "Are you sure?" I ask her. "We are moving in there together, right?" She asks while sitting up on her elbow. I nod. "Then your input is just as important as mine, besides I want to show you around while it's light out, so you can actually see more this time. I want to show you some really cool things I'm adding."

"Ok, what time are you going?" I ask her. Lauren turns and looks at the clock on the wall. "10am, does that work for you?" I nod. "Yeah, it does." I lean over and kiss her while cupping her cheek. Lauren deepens the kiss briefly. "I think Chef needs to go out." Lauren says quickly as she broke the kiss. I follow her gaze and see Chef cocking his leg against the doorframe.