Chapter 13: Size Of Your Heart

"Camz? Why are you up baby?" I hear Lauren ask while walking in the living room. "Everything okay?" I turn my head and look at her before I set the laptop down on the table and point to it. "You're my landlord?" I ask her slowly. Her eyes widen and I see them turn a soft shade of pink as tears cloud over them. "You weren't supposed to find out this way." She whispers.

Seeing Lauren cry pulls at my heartstrings and I jump up and run over to quickly hug her tightly. "Please don't cry Lo." I say softly in her ear while rubbing her back. "Come on Lo, don't cry."

Why would she think I'm going to leave her? Hearing her say that in such a small voice full of fear and pain opened my emotions completely and I feel my eyes start to sting and water. I try my hardest not to cry but seeing and hearing Locry is seriously tearing me apart right now. I sniffle and hide my face in her neck as a few tears slide out of my eyes.

"Why are you crying?" She asks me. "Because you are." I laugh out softly as I break the hug and grab her hands quickly so she knows I still want to feel her and have her close to me. "I can't see you cry baby." I say while wiping my eyes with one hand and then wiping her eyes softly with my thumb. "Let's sit down and talk." She nods and allows me to lead her to couch. Lord Tubbington is staring at me from his bed and I can't help but feel like he is judging me since Lo is crying. I quickly mouth 'sorry' to him and sit down Indian style on the couch to face Lauren. She still has tears streaming out slowly and she's shaking slightly as she starts playing with the hem of her shirt nervously.

I get up and run to the kitchen, I grab a bottle of water and wet a paper towel before going back and sitting down close to Lauren on the couch purposely; again she so can relax and know that I want her close to me. I slowly wipe the tear tracks from her eyes with the paper towel before kissing her eyelids softly, just like she did mine during the onion fiasco. I then open the bottle of water and hold it out to her. "Drink a little Lo so you can calm down." I say softly.

She nods and accepts the water bottle. She takes a few sips and I sigh in relief when I see her starting to calm down more and finally relax. I take the bottle from her and put the cap back on and set it on the table. I grab her hands again and hold them tightly as I lift them and pepper kisses to her knuckles before resting our, still linked, hands in my lap. "Look at me please Lauren." I whisper out. She slowly lifts her head and looks at me with sad eyes. "I love you so much, so much baby." I tell her. "I'm not going to leave you ok?" I lean forward and kiss her softly on the lips. "You're stuck with me." I say with a smile to hopefully lighten the mood a little, I see her blush and smile. I kiss her again and lean back so I can face her again.

"Why are you crying?" I then ask her. She shrugs. "I don't want you to get mad and leave me." "Why would I be mad at you?" I ask her with a frown. "You haven't done anything wrong." She simply shrugs and looks down again. "Because I wasn't truthful with you."

I sigh. "I'm a little shocked that you own the building, but I'm not mad. , I don't care how much money you have. I love you for you, the way you cock your head to the side when you're trying to figure something out, the way you stick your tongue slightly out when you're concentrating, I love the way you hold me super tight when we sleep, I love how you're playful one minute but how intelligent you are the next, I love how in tune you are with me. Most of all, I love that you are patient with me, you didn't pressure me to say I love you back, you were patient with me every time I stopped us from having sex. I know in my heart that you truly love me, I can feel everyday all day, that's why I love you baby; that's why I'll always love you Lo. It's not because of what you have or don't have. I love you for you."