2-Hired

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"I'm back sweetheart!!! And guess what?! I found the perfect guy for you!!!!"

The office was really wide. And it seems like it was situated at one of the most top floors. Jake scanned it quickly before his eyes landed on the table in the middle. There he unconsciously held his breath.

Despite knowing that the Director was a young man, this is still unexpected to Jake.

All focused on his laptop, the reflection of the datas-Jake is sure it was datas- was noticeable. Not until those focused eyes looked up and met his.

"Mom I already told you to knock first."

He was talking to Chairman Park and yet his eyes still haven't left Jake.

"Who's this?"

Mrs Park happily sat down and gestured Jake to follow.

"I saw him in one of my searching locations. He was the first one to help me!!"

'That was a scam?'

"Chairman Park..."

"Oh dear don't be too serious. You already know why I brought him here..."

Sunghoon looked at Jake again.

"Name."

"Jake."

"I'm asking for your full name."

"Jaeyun S-Shim...."

Sunghoon furrowed his eyebrows a bit.

'What's with the hesitation?'

"Age."

"23"

'Same age?'

"Birthday."

"November 15"

'Oh he's older...'

"Past jobs."

Jake took a deep breath first before speaking.

"Actually I was just pulled here. I don't have much knowledge about business and I-"

"Mom."

Mrs Park smiled and stood up.

"After you're finished here, take the elevator and three floors up, on the farthest room, meet me there alright?"

"W-Wait ma'am-"

And so Mrs Park left. Jake helplessly looked at the door before turning back to Sunghoon.

"You don't have to hire me at all.... I was even surprise to find myself here... I don't have any plans to join your company nor be your secretary."

Sunghoon sighed and removed his eyeglasses. Jake noticed how refined his eyebrows are.

"You heard her... She always has the final say here. And even if I don't want it myself, she will pull strings to make sure that you will still end up with me."

Sunghoon leaned on his chair and closed his eyes.

"And so.... If you won't mind, just give it a try and let's see what happens. After a month, if you still can't get the hang of it, then I'll happily fire you."

Jake just stared at him.

"I myself don't have any time for these type of jokes. I'm too busy to even think about having a secretary who's just going to be an excess baggage rather than a help."