25-Heeseung's Plea

-I forgot to upload chapter 24. Sorry hehe.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Jake glanced at Sunghoon. They're currently at the location of the runaway, Sunghoon is checking the venue and Jake just stood beside him, taking notes of whatever Sunghoon will comment.

"This place certainly isn't bad right Secretary Jake?"

Jake nodded and scanned the place.

"Yes Director... It's actually a very nice choice if I could comment personally..."

Sunghoon smiles at Jake's response.

"Well then... Before we visit Mrs Baek... Should we have our lunch first?"

That is what Jake's bothered the most. But he couldn't even decline as Sunghoon is already walking towards whatever restaurant they'll eat to.

Arriving at the place, Sunghoon gestured Jake to sit down.

"What will you have?"

Jake looked at the menu and hummed.

"Maybe I'll settle with this one?"

Sunghoon checked his order and nodded.

"Alright. Two servings of this please... And with some of these for the drinks..."

The waiter nodded.

"Please wait for a moment."

Sunghoon removed his coat and placed it on his seat.

"Aren't you going to remove yours Jake?"

Jake almost choked on his water. He just nodded and also removed his coat, mirroring what Sunghoon did.

"I expect you to remove the formalities while we're eating alright?"

Jake looked away and nodded once again. Sunghoon furrowed his eyebrows.

"Hey Jake."

"Yes Di- Yes?"

"Are you okay?"

"W-Why?"

Sunghoon is not the type to start a conversation. But he's the one who's doing it now.

"You've been really quiet since we got out of the office... Care to share what you've been thinking?"

Sunghoon watched him. Jake didn't spoke for a moment but he gave up.

"I'm just not sure about you know... Addressing you familiarly... I don't think I can actually handle it..."

Sunghoon might be a bit disappointed about it but he kept quiet, waiting for Jake to continue.

"But I'll try it... Soon... If that's okay with you??"

Sunghoon looked at him.

"Sure."

Jake smiled. He was about to speak again when their food arrived.

"Let's eat?"

The two ate in silence. When Jake noticed that Sunghoon is close on finishing his meal, he decided to speak.

"I'm actually nervous too since it's the first time that I've ever went outside the office... And it's with my boss too..."

Sunghoon watched him.

"Way back.... I rarely have someone to accompany me to eat.... My brother sometimes visit me from my room to eat with me but there are moments when he gets caught and is punished for it."

He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Your brother will be punished just for eating with you?"

He couldn't help but to blurt out. Jake took a sip from his drink and nodded.

"Because that's just how the house works... I might be living there but they treat me like a close stranger... That's it."

Sunghoon furrowed his eyebrows. Somehow he's not liking how the conversation is turning out.

"You're kidding me... If he's your brother, then that's technically YOUR FAMILY right?"

Jake was a bit surprised to find Sunghoon raising his voice a bit. They've already finished their food but Sunghoon is engrossed to Jake's words.

"I have a complicated family...."

Sunghoon wanted to pry more. He really do. Somehow he had gotten more curious. After knowing that, this new fact still surprised him.

'I thought they're treating him right?'

He looked at Jake.

"You're done eating?"

Jake nodded.

"Then let's go..."

"Where Director?"

"Let's walk around."

Jake was surprised for a moment but he nodded. He took a deep breath and smiled, calming himself down.

Heeseung went straight to his father's work room the moment he arrived home.

"Dad. Is your deal still open?"

Mr Lee looked at his son and nodded.

"Never been closed. Why?"

Heeseung gulped.

"I'll take it... I don't care what means, but I'll take it."

Mr Lee raised an eyebrow.

"You sure?"

He opened his phone and tapped a contact.

"Yes... You can make it happen right?"

Mr Lee knows that Heeseung might've seen something that made him accept his deal now. He shrugged, totally not caring about it.

"You know that I never fail... What I want, I can always get it."

Heeseung nodded and bowed.

"Thank you..."

Heeseung closed the door and sighed. Somehow, he can still remember Jake's smile.

"You've been missing... And now..."

He formed his fists as the person beside Jake enters his mind.

"I just had to see you smile like that with someone?"

"And it's Park Sunghoon of all the people.... That's not fair...."