38-A Speech

-First of all, I'll apologize for suddenly disappearing. I'm struggling a bit and school's been extra busy... But anyways. Let's start the catch and hope that Sunghoon can arrive before they leave.

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The employees was surprised as they saw Sunghoon in the lobby. The Director had a serious look on his face.

"I'll see everyone at the cafeteria.. Please leave the message... I want all employees inside before 8:30."

The team immediately walked to him when they arrived.

"Director what's the matter?"

Sunghoon looked at them.

"I'm here to announce something about Jake."

"Director... Actually... We need to tell you something too..."

Sunghoon looked at them surprised.

"What?"

Minhee took a step forward and spoke.

Jake turned to the five before he went to Sunghoon.

"I would like to say something..."

Before the five could even react, Jake is already bowing.

"Thank you for letting me stay for almost two months... I will never forget this..."

"Secretary Shim? What do you mean?"

Jake still didn't meet their eyes.

"I am leaving the company...."

"WHAT-"

"But I will assure you that I will get the designs back.... This was all my fault and I would take action to it.."

"It's not your fault."

"Even if it's not mine... I was the reason why this happened-"

"You're leaving us?"

Jake stops his tears when he heard how Minseo's voice broke.

"It's selfish but I'm really s-sorry... Please don't wait for me to come back... Please just..."

"What about Director Park?"

Haegon was staring at Jake seriously.

"That's why you asked for a conversation with him... Right? You'll tell him about it too?"

"Yes... And..."

"And what?"

Jake took a deep breath.

"I'm p-planning to confess. So even if I'm not at fault, falling in love with my co-employee, my own boss even, I think I don't deserve to stay..."

That silenced the five. Without waiting for their reply. Jake now straightened himself and went to the door without looking back.

"Thank you again..."

Sunghoon blinked.

"So you knew?..."

Nabi looked away but she nodded.

"We don't know where did he go but that was his last words to us...."

Sunghoon released a breath and fixed his gaze in front.

"Thank you for telling me."

Even if the five still wanted to talk, the others had started to crowd inside the cafeteria.