29-The Aftermath

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Sunghoon sat on his seat and waited for the five to arrive. When they did, he spoke immediately.

"I hope everyone still remembered last night's talk?"

The five nodded.

"So I'll take this as a yes?"

Nabi, bravely and loudly spoke.

"Before you could even ask us, we already made up our minds Director."

Sunghoon nodded and looked at Chohwan. With the signal, Chohwan went to the elevator, the usual cheerfulness is temporarily covered with concern.

Chohwan only has his eyes on the way. His eyes brightened when he saw Jake.

"Secretary Shim!"

He pulled Jake with him for a hug.

"Let's go!!"

It seems like Chohwan is louder today. Jake took note of that fact.

"But Director..."

Despite Chohwan's loudness, Jake whispered so  quietly.

"Don't worry. Director is waiting for us in the office! He said we should do some changes on the designs! Let's go!"

Chohwan's grip to Jake was tight. He was only looking at Jake, smiling wide.

The moment the elevator closed, Chohwan pulled Jake for another hug.

"Please don't be scared... We trust you..."

None of them will know how much those words affected Jake. Just when he thought that he couldn't cry any harder since last night, his tears threatened to fall once again.

"Thank you and I'm sorry..."

Chohwan looked at him.

"Allow me to address you without any formalities for now... I just want you to know that we would never let anyone decide which side should we believe to. Because you have us on your back Jake. And we trust you."

Jake just nodded. They entered their office and Jake became nervous when Sunghoon was not in the room.

"Good morning Secretary Shim!!!"

Jake smiled a bit.

"Good morning guys..."

He was about to ask where is their Director when Minhee stood up.

Without a word, she hugged Jake, tight.

As soon as she finished, her twin, Minseo also pulled Jake for a hug.

Haegon was the next one. His hug was not too tight. But somewhat it calmed Jake down.

And lastly, Nabi. The lady hugged Jake calmly. She even patted Jake on his back before she spoke.

"Director is on your office... He's waiting for you..."

Jake bit his lip and nodded.

"Thank you..."

Chohwan looked at him.

"Cheer up Secretary Shim! Don't worry. You have us okay?"

Jake just nodded again and headed outside. His way to the Director's office—which is technically also his—was longer than he expected.

Jake's hand trembled when he reached for the door. He knocked and waited for Sunghoon's signal before he entered.

"Good morning Director Park."