37-The Answer

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Sunghoon stopped for a moment.

"Please don't give me an answer that is connected to your work.. I won't be satisfied with that kind of response. I want to hear something that is really from you."

"I know about the confession."

Sunoo continued. He can see the slight blush on Sunghoon's face.

"My hyung said he didn't gave you the time to respond right? You want to know the reason why??"

Sunoo knows that it will take a few moments for Sunghoon to understand everything that he will say but the younger didn't mind. Instead, he continued talking nonstop.

"He said he doesn't want to wait for it because it will be harder for him to leave."

"This is the first time that my hyung had openly admitted that he loves someone. Honestly, I can't say much about it but because I admire him so much... That's why I want to know that person's reaction..."

"My hyung cried."

Sunghoon stopped.

"He finally cried when be told me what he really wants. And now that I finally have the power to do things on my own... I'll make sure that I won't let anyone stop him from reaching it."

"That's why I decided to talk to you now... So let me ask you again... What do you plan to do Sunghoon hyung?"

Sunoo stared at Sunghoon. He slipped a piece of paper in front of him.

"If you have your answer to me... Call me on that number... For now, I'll be leaving to meet my hyung."

Sunghoon snapped out of his thoughts fast.

"Jake? You'll meet Jake? Can I-"

"No. I cannot trust someone who can't even say what they want from my brother..."

Sunoo stood up.

"But rest assured hyung... Whatever your answer will be, I'll still get Jake hyung out of there."

Sunoo bowed to him before he left. Sunghoon stared at the paper and then on Sunoo's direction.

He took a deep breath and stood up.

'Time for some action then.'

Sunghoon knocked before he waited for his mother's response. He stood in front of her table with his eyes fixed on her.

"Mom I need to ask for a favor..."

"Hmmm? Just so you know... The stockholders was surprised with what you did but they are more amazed on it. And with your proofs, they decided to let you handle the situation... Now. What do you want?"

Sunghoon formed his fist before he spoke.

"I want to release a statement."

"Yeah? What statement?"

"I want to reveal that Jake is working under me. He is my employee and that he is not really connected to the Kim's despite their blood relation... Sunoo is his brother yes, but that's it."

"I want everyone to know that he's not at fault with the plagiarism and that it was someone else."

Mrs Park smiled.

"And?"

"It will be on Monday. And I want everyone from the company to know about it first before the press."

"And your opening?"

"I'll postpone it for the meantime mom."

"So basically... This is for?"

"This is for Jake."

That was a quick exchange. Mrs Park smiled wider and nodded, totally satisfied.

"Alright..."

Sunghoon bowed properly.

"Thank you very much."

On his room, Sunghoon remembered Sunoo's words and finally checked the paper. He dialed the younger's number.

"Who's this?"

"It's me Sunoo."

"Oh! Sunghoon hyung!"

"Yes... About what you said a while ago. I wanted to give my answer."

"That's nice if you'll give it now."

"Why?"

"Just say it first."

Sunghoon took a deep breath and didn't wasted another moment.

"I want Jake back."

"Because what? Of work? Didn't I told you hyung that I don't want-"

"I want Jake back because I haven't answered him yet. And this time, I'll tell him what I really feel."

Sunoo was smiling wide on the other line. He nodded.

"That's really good... Monday. Before 10 am, I need you to meet near my house, Riki will take you here... We need to be quick okay?"

Sunghoon's heart raced.

"Yeah?"

"Didn't you told me that you'll release a statement about it on Monday too? I think that will be enough time?"

"Why? What's wrong with the time?"

Sunoo stopped smiling.

"We can't afford to make any mistakes... It's now or never after that okay?"

"Sunoo why-"

"The moment we arrive, I want you to tell Jake hyung about what you really feel... Just focus on that."

"You need to focus. Because once you miss the chance, we'll never know when will we see him again."

"Why-"

"Because on Monday.... Just as Heeseung hyung wants to, they'll be leaving. Jake hyung will leave for good."

Sunghoon's heart dropped.

He didn't like that thought at all.

Jake was nervously looking at his window. Sunoo just left a while ago and he knows that Heeseung will not give him another chance to see his brother.

"We'll be leaving on Monday. The flight is at 11 am... Pack your things Jake."

Jake was gripping his watch on his hands. He closed his eyes and clutched it on his chest.

'I'm sorry Sunghoon...'

'Even if I want to... I don't think I can see you any more...'

'But this is for you... I don't want to become a burden anymore... I don't want to become the reason on why you'll get dragged over a mere mistake..'

Jake closed his eyes smiled a bit.

'At least I got to tell you that I love you...'

'Even if I won't know your answer....'