Where's the closest gun?

I spun around, fighting with the metal on my wrists and growling furiously. The men around me tried to hold me back. The guard Kainan stood next to my father with a pistol in his hand pointing behind me, the tip was smoking. I understood what he had done and I continued fighting with the men around me. They held me roughly and I kicked out.
One of the men grabbed my wrists and I snapped at him rabidly but he snarled at me. "Gosh, let me help you." He grunted.
I paused for a second and the metal on my wrists loosed and I slipped out of them. I rubbed my sore wrists. They had been rubbed raw. "Uh, thanks." I muttered.
The man nodded. "About half of us are for you." He told me quickly. "The other half are brainwashed idiots."
I nodded and picked up a sword from a guard I had knocked unconscious. They normally didn't use these things, they were mostly for decoration, but at the moment I found it very helpful. "How can I tell who's on my side?" I asked him as I weighed the sword in my hand. It would have to do.
The man lifted his gun and shot a guard who was creeping up behind me and looked me straight in the eye. "If they're trying to kill you or protect you." He told me simply.
I nodded my thanks to him and turned away from him, filing his face away in my head. I should give him a raise after this, given we both make it out alive. Then Every remaining thought left my head as I remembered one thing.
Jessie.
Did she survive the fall? Did she get knocked out? Was she okay?
I rushed at the mob of men between me and the gallows. A few of them met me head on and I grunted as I shouldered them to the sides. There was no was they were slowing me down. I got to the steps as soon as I could and pounded up them, my heart matching the quick and heavy steps. I scrambled to the hole I had watched her fall through.
"Jessie!" My voice was tight and panicked.
Twelve feet below she craned her neck to see me. "Hunter?" She sounded relieved.
I let out a deep breath. "Thank the gods." I muttered. "Are you hurt?" I asked her, concerned.
"No, I'm fine. You?"
"I'm fine." I straightened up quickly. "On sec." I told her hurriedly. I turned, looking around for a rope. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a man creeping up the steps. He didn't have a gun or any other weapon I could see. I growled at the back of my throat as he lunged at me. My hand came up and knocked his head to the side when he was closer. He collapsed on the ground unconscious. I let out a deep breath and turned to my side, picking up the rope that was near me. I scrambled over to the hole Jessie was still in and let the rope down. "Come up." I ordered.
I felt her tug on the rope, probably testing its strength and then the rope jiggled some more. She was climbing up. I grunted and pulled on my own end, cutting the process in half. A few moments later, she was breathing heavily in front of me. I didn't give her a moment to recuperate, I pulled her into a bear hug. Her arms came around me tightly and I felt her shaking. I pressed my lips to her hair. "We're okay." I muttered gently.
I felt her nod and she pulled back. "Not yet." She told me firmly. "Let's finish this."
I turned around, forcing myself to be aware of the chaos around me. It only took a moment to find my father. He was staring directly at me. He hadn't moved from his lazy position from earlier, around him men battled, but no one touched him. I knew what he wanted me to do. I felt anger build up in me. "I need to go settle something." I told Jessie quietly. "Try not to get into trouble."
Jessie snorted and smirked up at me. "Get into trouble? I can do that. Where's the closest gun?"
I handed her one of the guns I had picked up on my way over. "Be careful." I warned her.
Jessie took the gun eagerly. "These sons of a gun are about to pay." She told me maliciously, I didn't miss the revengeful glint in her eye.
I groaned as I turned away. "Jessie. I said be careful!"
She mock saluted me. "Aye aye captain! Kill bad guys. Got it."
I shook my head, knowing there was no use. Across the courtyard my father was watching me closely. I stepped down from the platform, siding my way across the courtyard, trying not to interfere with the fights surrounding me. Being the loyal royal that I am, it actually hurt me to see my men fight against their own.
After a few minutes I found myself stumbling onto the steps leading up to my father. I looked up, he was finally standing, looking downright murderous.
I straightened and cracked my fists. He was going down.

Okay, first off, I am SOOOOO sorry. I have horrible writers block, this chapter sucks, school is overwhelming, I don't know how long it has been since I've updated, buts it's probably been four times too long. I am so sorry. The book is so close to being over, please don't leave. I am soooo sorry again.