Chapter Twenty-Seven: "I'll Eat You Up"

Jack shuddered from how cold Mark's skin felt and at how his deep throaty growl sent tingles through him. He could barely breathe, but somehow managed to keep air in lungs. Mark's fingers curled more possessively around Jack's wrist, pinning his arm around his hip to keep him from scooting away. Jack didn't know what to do with his hand. He just let Mark pin it, his fingers trembling as he felt traces of Mark's muscular lower back beneath the thin nightgown. Mark's breath puffed over his exposed shoulder, before his lips brushed up the vein along the side of his neck to his ear. Jack couldn't believe how his body reacted. He felt paralyzed. His body could only tremble and move slowly in opposition to Mark's. Turning his head, he exposed his throat as Mark's lips lingered over his throat. Letting out a light growl, Mark's breath exhaled hot and heavy from his nose over his neck. Which made Mark's lips part to reveal his bright white teeth in a wicked grin, upon noticing the goosebumps spring up along Jack's pale skin. Mark shifted more to lean over him, growling lightly into his ear. "Are you afraid?" Jack gulped, staring off at the wall as his voice quivered out. "Can you smell if I'm scared?"

Mark brushed his lips along the rim of Jack's chilled ear, before whispering into it in a deeper tone of voice. "Normally... but I'm a little... distracted. My senses are dulled. All I smell... is the sweet scent of your skin. All I can feel... is your soft skin. All I hear... is how heavy your breathing is when I touch you." Mark's warm wet tongue flicked out to lick behind Jack's ear, before he added in a huskier growl. "And all I can think about... is how you taste." Mark forced his mouth closed, swallowing loudly before licking his dry lips and whispering. "Jack... talk to me. Please. For your sake." Jack turned his head to look up at him timidly. He didn't understand why he was asking him that, until he saw his face. Mark's eyes were struggling to keep his bright yellow eyes from manifesting. When his lips parted to pant, Jack noticed his sharp canine teeth peeking from beneath his lips. Staring up at him, Jack bit his lower lip meekly, then whispered out. "I trust you." Mark's eyes softened as they stared down at him, his brown eyes fighting back the yellow gleam. It was like those words spurred strength in him. Jack flashed him a small shy smile, his cheeks burning until he had to close his eyes to hide from him.

Mark's breath puffed over his lips so lightly that Jack shivered and tired to turn away. Mark didn't let him retreat, his lips following his as they brushed over his so lightly. Tempting him to kiss him. It worked. Jack turned his head back to try capturing his lips, but Mark eased just out of reach. Jack tried to ease up into the kiss, only to flinch as Mark's tongue flickered out over his dry lips. A soft whimper left Jack as he flinched back from his tongue. Mark didn't let up. Leaning into him, Mark's tongue moved over his lips against but this time it pushed past his lips. Jack opened his mouth in shock, allowing Mark's tongue to slip into his mouth as his lips pressed firmly to his. Mark's kiss pushed Jack down flat against the bed, pinning him there. Jack squealed softly, his back arching off the mattress as Mark's tongue sought out his tongue and licked it almost possessively. Jack's toes curled against the sheets, unsure how he should feel or what he should do about this. Mark's hand then moved Jack's hand from over his waist to pin it against the headboard over their heads. Jack scooted down on the bed with a timid whine, but it only prompted Mark's knee to shift between Jack's legs to stop him.

Mark's knee playfully slid up the mattress to touch Jack's crotch to keep him from scooting down any further. Then with a light chuckle, Mark broke the kiss to shove Jack back up to where he wanted him with his knee. Jack didn't even recognize the sharp whiny sound that left him. It was a tangled mess of embarrassment and nervousness. Why was Mark so good at this? It was intimidating to think that Mark knew how to counter his body's weak attempts at escape. Rising over him on all fours, Mark playfully growled over his lips. "You're so innocent. It's cute. Even if it does make me feel like a big bad wolf." Swallowing, Jack tilted his head back and panted out breathlessly. "I can't control myself... I wanna flee... and I wanna stay..." Mark brought his lips to Jack's exposed throat, growling over it in a deep husky voice. "You should run. I'm a predator... I could rip your heart out and leave you for dead." Jack inhaled sharply, arching his back as his mind processed that and the position he was in. The only thing that settled him, when Mark kissing a trail down his chest as he whispered out over his heart. "But I won't... because I'm not THAT bad... But I'm not that good either."