Chapter 1

It had been a year since Scott and the others had left to go to college. A year since Monroe had run away like the coward she was. The Puppy Pack had graduated and were on their way to celebrate in Liam’s car when something unexpected happened. 

Liam smiled from the driver seat. Mason was laughing in the middle seat with Corey while arguing with Nolan who sat up front about some topic. Liam’s thoughts were all over the place, he hadn’t heard from a certain chimera in about six months and he was starting to worry. “Are you thinking about lover boy again?” Mason asked, noticing the change in Liam’s body language from the way he gripped the steering wheel tightly confirmed it. Liam shook his head aware Mason was just teasing. It took the puppy pack a while to trust Theo but he had become the pack mom of the group, none of them would admit it. But, they all missed the chimera. 

“Have you heard from him?” Nolan asked, despite Mason slapping his own forehead. Silence emitted around the car, Liam had begun to cherish. Well ever since Derek had given the car to the puppy pack since Scott didn’t need it. Liam shook his head, feeling a hand land on his shoulder made Liam turn away from the road for a second. His eyes met Mason’s who smiled back in reassurance. A gasp left Corey’s mouth and his frightened look made Liam turn around quickly only to slam his foot on the breaks. Once the car came to a stop, the occupants finally saw what had caused the abrupt stop.

There in the middle of the road was a familiar blue truck upside down and glass shattered everywhere. Liam jumped out of the car without any hesitation before darting over towards the truck, scrambling over the debris. He reached the driver door and frowned at what he saw, no one was in the truck but a message had been left on the dashboard. Nolan took the note out of the beta’s shaking hands and read outloud: 

‘First comes the clouds, then the rain followed by the blood of innocence. How much time has passed since we last saw each other. Archers ride the wind while innocents sleep yet all pronounced dead except for three. Soon you will be found and all will be dead - Oslen’

“What the hell does that mean?” Nolan asked looking at Mason who shrugged, looking in Corey’s direction only to frown when the boy wasn’t there. A grunt to the left whipped their attention elsewhere. Liam, Mason and Nolan moved forward only to gasp. There slumped against the railing on the bridge was none other than their pack mom. “Theo!” Liam cried out before racing over to his anchor and crouching in front of him. Reaching forward Liam tilted Theo’s chin upward and away from his truck which Corey seemed to be grabbing any stuff that belonged to Theo into a bag with Mason. “Hey, little wolf” the small whisper left Theo before he slumped into Liam’s waiting arms. 

A roar of an engine startled the group from their thoughts to reveal none other than the Sheriff, Parrish and Melissa. Liam nodded at Mason silently thanking him for their help. Liam watched the members of his pack answer any questions about what had happened while he held Theo in his arms as Melissa examined the exhausted Chimera. Parrish made sure to take in any ‘supernatural’ details including a copy of the note Nolan still held tightly in his pocket. 

A few hours later, the puppy pack found themselves back at Melissa’s house. Theo is asleep in the guest room, the puppy pack are sprawled all around the room. In hopes of them being near will help the chimera return to the land of living. A few days pass and the chimera remains in the same state, Liam feels anger explode inside him and he is about to yell out when his phone starts ringing. Looking down, Liam groans at the caller: Scott McCall

Meanwhile in another part of the world…

“You would not believe the day I have had, babe”

Jackson frowned when he received no answer. It was midday. His frown only deepened when he saw the smashed glass on the floor and his unconscious partner lying in the middle of their kitchen. Dropping his bags to the floor, Jackson moved with incredible speed and kneeled next to his partner before relaxing when he heard the heartbeat. Grabbing a glass of water, Jackson took a small sip before throwing the liquid in the direction of his partner.