Chapter 23

Beska was not happy as he woke up in the devil’s playground, his own personal nightmare. He was deeply breathing as he tried to run from his own personal demons, during his run, he bumped into a screaming Monroe who was holding her head and curled up in the corner. Without hesitation he moved to help her, Monroe clung to him as they both faced demons from their pasts. Beska cried out seeing his abusive father who turned him into what he was from his dreams, him being on the run and almost dying several times with the Archer guards and the births of his sons, the loss of his love. Everything was haunting him while Monroe dealt with every death of a person she had experienced, some out for revenge, some there to cause pain for her. 

However after some time, the two realised this was a mind game and worked their way out of their nightmares only to enter a hell created by an omega, one who sat in a throne with a grin on his face, the throne was made from the Nemeton. 

“Elito, enough of your games. Come face us!” Beska yelled only for the area to go black and fire to spring it out of the surrounding dead trees which swayed without wind. 

“What’s happening?” Monroe asked with fear laced in her tone. 

“I’m unsure…” Beska called out.

Elsewhere…

For once the sobbing was much louder than the silence as the puppy pack curled around one another, Theo was still in Liam’s arms. They had tried to bite him, even Scott tried but nothing was working. It had been three hours since he had died and he was just lifeless in the arms of his alpha. 

“Liam…I’m sorry son, but you need to let him go” Argent tried to say only for Liam to nearly bite his head off. Scott sighed knowing exactly what Liam was feeling as his eyes scanned over Allison while he held Issac tightly to his side. 

“Woah” Alec called out, all heads turned to the Nemeton. River whipped around from where she stood on one side of the shield. The Nemeton was glowing a powerful red. 

“ARGH!” River shouted in pain, her arm glowing with their names. Soon enough everyone had a mark on their arms with a protective seal signed with five letters spelling out ‘E-L-I-T-O’. Even Theo’s arm had one on and it was glowing. 

“Scott?” 

The head alpha turned to see Lydia pointing behind him to see hunters and a certain alpha stalking towards them, Chris Archer who wore a look of fury on his face. 

“Think we will have one final showdown?” Stiles grunted out from his place in Derek’s arms, the wolf looking down at him with worried eyes, “I’m fine” Stiles whispered, Derek could only kiss his head before passing him to his dad, Noah took his son with ease. Melissa backed away, moving closer to Argent while Deaton grabbed some piece of wood ready to defend himself when those heading for them stopped as a line in the earth surrounded the group. 

It wasn’t just any line, it was…

“Hell’s line” 

Those two words turned attention to Atlas, who bypassed the shield with ease. He walked towards hell’s line and howled. Within an instance, wolfpacks from all sides appeared, even skeleton versions. 

“The prince has returned” 

Although the words were foreign, they all understood. Aiden grinned as the moon glowed in the distance and it shone down on them all. At first he was expecting the power but he could feel the sun’s energy in the moon. Quickly he kneeled down beside his nephew and without even asking Liam, his hand soon connected to Theo’s. The puppy pack alpha almost shouted when he took notice of the light leaving Aiden and heading straight into Theo. All of them could only pray that Theo would respond.