Chapter 16

Not even ten minutes later, Ethan reappeared with the pup in his arms and a smiling Aiden following behind Melissa who knew not to touch Ethan. She had been warned. They all had been by Atlas. Not while Jackson was feral. Speaking of the Kanima, he wrapped up Ethan as soon as he was near. His omega cuddles close with the pup silent in his arms. It was clear to the pack how much the new addition to the smaller pack meant to their friends especially Jackson who was fighting his very protective Kanima instincts for any alpha daring to look at his omega or his pup. Atlas was a huge help, the bloodhound had made an agreement with the hellhound of the pack, the two hounds making promises that were unbreakable.

"Thank you" Aiden smiled at Melissa who nodded. Jackson then took a seat pulling Ethan closer into his chest, the pup sound asleep. All eyes watched the now very protective alpha kanima who watched both Ethan, Sierra and Cameron closely. 

"What's the plan?" Jackson growled out, his hands tightened on his omega. Atlas and Aiden shared a look when Ethan didn't really acknowledge any of them. The omega of the pack was still very dazed, fighting off the last of his fever, Aiden had asked for advice of Melissa who gladly supplied him with a few herbal remedies since Ethan hated medication as did the Archers, they didn’t even ask Jackson knowing he was already against many things. 

"We have found Monroe's lair and the possible location of the one who took Ethan, Theo and Liam" Peter spoke in a calm tone. Jackson nodded. Liam couldn’t help but flinch as a recent memory popped up as he stroked Theo’s side, the chimera didn’t say anything as he relaxed into Liam’s chest. The mother of the puppy pack made sure he could see them all. Mason and Corey were talking to Alec and Nolan, exchanging information to do with the death marks that Lydia had taken a huge interest in, they all knew it would be coming soon but were worried about what the marks did. Arum Archer had explained that he would explain how to remove them but that was before everything that had happened so it wasn’t at the top of his to do list at the minute.Deaton continued to ask Cassandra questions about the marks wanting to learn more, she gave away small bits of information but not much making the vet frown.

"Jackson, I think it's best if you get Ethan and your pup home. We have this and won't let you down…" Scott spoke softly, Jackson nodded, standing up when multiple gunshots went off followed by explosions in the neighbourhood. Peter grabbed Derek and Stiles to him, using the wall as cover while Malia and Lydia hid beside the puppy pack.

"GET DOWN!" Malia yelled, on instinct alone, Jackson dived over Ethan and their pup. Atlas and Aiden covered their backs. Cameron screamed, Ethan looked up reaching for him, the young hybrid latching onto the omega. Aiden winked at his brother as his eyes glowed orange and he stood up despite the others' protests, his powers glowing through his hands. Lydia gasped as another vision came to her, Parrish grabbed her to keep her safe while Issac only muttered beside Scott, the rare alpha smirking at him.

"What is it with this house getting shot up!" Melissa shouted over the bullets. Argent shrugged shooting back while the noise had woken up the pup who cried out sending any alpha into protective instincts. Ethan winced, turning his attention to both pups in his arms. He sighed trying to settle the two of them while wincing as his vision blurred. Jackson's weight on him didn’t help his still sore body but he did welcome the comfort of having his alpha nearby in this type of situation. 

"Come out! We don't want to harm you! We just want to talk!" A voice called out. Stiles went to say something back when Derek directed his attention to the sky which had turned orange. Aiden smirked, stepping outside the house only for a ring of fire to surround the house. 

Shouts of fear went around the house until many of them realised it was a shield, Ethan confirmed it as his eyes struggled to stay open. Atlas had to shake him slightly, making Jackson growl until he noticed what the bloodhound was trying to do. Jackson managed to manoeuvre his family behind the island and pull Ethan close, to keep his exhausted omega awake.