Chapter 10

(Bold italics are ancient language mainly between Ethan and Bloodhound)

Jackson and Aiden shared a frightened gasp as they hurried Ethan along the trail through the dark forest. They had lost sight of the bloodhound and the pack had settled down beside a river. Parrish, Peter and Noah had returned back to the police station to put out a warning for sighting of a ‘bloodhound’, to stay away from it. But, in reality many knew that the Bloodhound wouldn’t stray far from its imprint. Ethan was exhausted and the others could see it, the omega was whining. Aiden looked at his twin who seemed to be in a bit of pain while cursing out Jackson who was attempting to hide behind the eldest twin. 

“Come on, Ethan. Lie down” Jackson tried to coax only to receive a sharp glare in return. “Elito” Arum’s sharp tone challenged the omega who only slumped in defeat, curling further into Cassandra’s arms. His mother glaring at anyone daring to say something. Cameron had made himself comfortable in Corey’s arms, the chimera didn’t mind as he found himself surrounded by the puppy pack. Corey was in Mason's arms, Mason wasn’t letting him go anytime soon. 

Scott looked over at his pack, the puppy pack and the Archers only to frown, “So Scott, what’s the plan?” Stiles asked with a yawn as he leaned into Derek’s warmth. The older Hale wrapped Stiles up to keep him warm and safe. 

“We need to…” 

ROAR!

A roar like no other shook their surroundings, Ethan soon found himself circled by most of the pack. Theo made sure to place himself in front of the puppy pack even taking a step in front of Liam who clung to him. The chimera wore a furious dark expression as the bloodhound stalked into the open. 

It stood with dark purple eyes glaring at those in front keeping them away from their mate. Ethan tried not to whimper, keeping quiet beside Aiden and Jackson. The Banshee of the pack remained at the back beside Stiles, Mason, Corey, Cameron and Melissa. Lydia turned to look at the boy in Corey’s arms, the one who had some strange aura surrounding him. Cameron was a mystery that Lydia just couldn’t work out, she shared a knowing look with Argent who nodded in agreement. 

The Bloodhound remained still in front of them. 

“What do you want?” Scott demanded taking a step forward as his eyes glowed red, the bloodhound didn’t move or reply. 

“Scott, it’s a dog remember, it can’t speak” Stiles stated earning himself a lot of disapproving looks. The Bloodhound let out a roar. Arum and Cassandra shifted slightly, catching the attention of the bloodhound which only let out a warning roar. The two archers stopped in their movement but it soon continued as several individuals appeared out of the treeline. 

“Well isn’t this quite the party!” 

“Just! How are you alive?!” Issac roared as Oslen and Mick came into the picture with a dozen of soldiers. Stiles gulped, tightening his grip on his baseball bat. 

“Fate, apparently” Oslen grunted out, turning to his soldiers. 

“Kill them all but capture Elito. So I can kill the unborn baby” Oslen commanded. Ethan instantly took Cameron into his arms and placed himself behind Aiden and Jackson. Scott moved closer as did Arum and Cassandra. They were in the fight of their lives. 

The bloodhound stalked forward and pounced only to be tackled out of mid air by a were-coyete, the puppy pack’s mother fought the one who had imprinted on his unborn sibling. The bloodhound roared as it sized up its opponent. Theo glared back and viciously defended the pack who watched in a mix of fear and proudness. Liam glared at the soldiers that had put themselves in the way of the roaring battle. Leaving them to fight for not only themselves but a heavily pregnant omega.