Chapter 22

Aiden growled seeing the man who had started this whole journey, his biological father from the past was in front of him, smiling at them while he stepped on Theo’s back, the chimera wincing while Corey tried his hardest not to flinch under the glare. 

“Ah my son, it’s been too long” 

“Not long enough apparently” Aiden muttered, only for Corey to cry out in pain as the prince better known as Beska stepped harshly onto Corey’s back. 

“Get off him!” Aiden growled out, Beska only smirked as he grabbed Corey’s chin and violently threw him into Aiden, the younger boy landed in his father’s lap. Aiden immediately tried to curl his body around Corey who clung to his top in fear. 

Theo was forced to kneel, the chimera wearing a bored expression while he connected eyes with Liam who watched his own omega with worry. Theo didn’t exactly present as an omega due to his chimera but Ethan had confirmed his son was indeed an omega officially when Liam asked months ago. 

“Shall we get on with it?” Monroe turned to the prince who rolled his eyes. 

“We will but let's at least have some fun” Beska smugly said stalking over to Derek who growled but stopped when Stiles was dragged away from him and forced to kneel beside Theo, the chimera not saying a word but he did lift his head to watch Beska stalk around the room until he grabbed another which ended up being Allison. It was almost like he was choosing certain people on purpose. Monroe frowned, playing with her weapon while aiming it straight at Atlas who only raised an eyebrow from where he was shackled beside Peter and Noah, both of them unimpressed with the enemies’ so-called threat. 

“Now for those who don’t know me. I am the prince from the story you all surely know. My name is Beska, I am Alito and Elito’s biological father and I am here to take over Beacon Hills but first I want to have some fun” Beska introduced himself while he stood behind Theo, who was in the middle of both Stiles and Allison.

“Now does anyone know what these three have in common?” 

Silence filled the entire room as the tension grew.

Elsewhere…

Jackson frowned, holding tightly to Ethan who was wrapped up in his arms while they listened to Arum’s plan which was down right crazy, Gale had called him that as soon as she had heard it. River just rolled her eyes at her dad while Arum ignored all of their looks. 

“E, stay here with the kids. Promise me, you won’t get involved” Jackson whispered, helping Ethan into the nest, one that would hide his scent by Gale enforcing a shield around it. 

“Jay, I can’t promise…” 

“Ethan, I mean it. Promise me” Jackson whispered, kissing Cameron and Sierra’s heads. Ethan frowned only to see the desperate look in his mate’s eyes. “Please E, I can’t lose you. Let us take care of this. I will save Theo, he’s our son” Jackson murmured, kissing his omega’s head. 

“Okay, I promise but promise me, you will come back to me not hurt” Ethan agreed, Jackson nodded with another whisper of a promise, he kissed Ethan’s lips before Gale dragged him away. River would remain with Ethan and the two pups as a last defence. Jackson left unaware of what Ethan had done, the omega had his fingers crossed behind his back.

Once the shield was up and the spell had been put in place of soundproofing it, River turned to Ethan wearing a smug smile. 

“You’re not keeping that promise are you” River gently whispered since Sierra and Cameron had drifted off to sleep. 

“No and you aren’t going to stop me” 

“Who said anything about stopping you bro? I want to help” River and Ethan could only share as they both revealed their left arms to show the fifteen marks with the names scribed over them.