Chapter 21

For once in his life, he felt completely empty. He just couldn’t get a read on what to do, he now had two whimpering pups clinging to him while he found himself backed into a corner of a nearby warehouse while hunters stalked around shouting obnoxious comments in hopes to get him to come out. But, he couldn't; he had both pups with him which the enemy certainly knew. 

“Little omega, do come out. We won’t hurt you” 

“What do you think an omega tastes like?” 

“Wonder if the boss will let us have a go when he gets his omega back?” 

Ethan tried his hardest to block out the tones and words, he held his children closer. As he put a blanket over the two of them, Cameron nodded at him while Ethan snuck out of the crate he had been hiding in and managed to take down one of the hunters with a simple slice to the neck. He heard his pups whimper but he managed to leave a small lamp beside them as he found himself taking down several hunters but fate had another plan for him when he found himself surrounded by two alpha’s, both of them smiling sweetly at him as he kept his body in the way of the crate. 

“Lookie here, the boss’ omega. Shall we play before we hand you over?” one of the alpha’s teased. It took Ethan a minute to recognise the lingering smell in the air, it was Chris Archer’s, no he had to get his family out of here. 

“First one who touches him. Get’s first shot” 

“Your on!” 

The two alpha’s stalked towards him, Ethan tried not to whimper at their stronger scents which were making him dizzy, his omega reacting not on purpose but on instinct. He whimpered inwardly calling for Jackson who certainly heard the call but was too far away leaving Ethan on his own. 

Ethan held his fists up as the two lunged but they were knocked back by a force unknown to the alphas but familiar to the omega. 

“Are you okay?” 

Ethan only nodded at the question before he was whacked up the head, “ow!, what was that for?!” 

“For keeping me a secret and not introducing me to these gorgeous children” 

“Are you always this dramatic” 

“I’m named after the wind, of course I am” 

Ethan shook his head at Gale, the sister to Jackson was back in town. She laughed, pulling Ethan into a hug, she felt her brother's scent tuck around the omega. “I’ve got you Ethan, but I would suggest we leave here and find the others. Want me to teleport?”. Gale only received a nod as Ethan picked up Sierra and Cameron, the two clung to him. His baby crying for a feeding which Ethan could only sigh, as they landed in a place disclosed. 

“Go ahead, feed her. I won’t judge” Gale said watching Ethan remove his top and Sierra drank for the first time in public from his chest. Cameron was wide eyed looking around the room at the many colours, he traced the colours. Gale smiled watching her nephew around the room, Jackson would be proud of his omega and what he has accomplished. 

“So, where is dear Jackson?” Gale’s question had tears slipping down Ethan’s face as he explained, Gale listened like she always did, understanding perfectly why the omega did what he did. Once he finished, she knew it was her turn to speak. 

“So?” 

“You’re an idiot” 

Ethan could only nod burping Sierra, she was smiling goofy at him.

“How old is she?” 

“Four months…actually I think she ages quicker with her being kanima dna. So six” Ethan concluded, he passed Sierra who smiled taking the small pup allowing Ethan time to refresh as she pointed at the shower. Ethan nodded, taking it as well as accepting Jackson's spare clothes. It was clear he was at the family home of Jackson's from the pictures on the wall. This place was under a shield and reinforced by magic keeping it hidden from all except a particularly worried alpha who had relocated his omega after searching for hours and walked through a shield baffling Derek and Peter when Jackson vanished. The said alpha knocked on the door of his child-hood home only to gasp at who was on the other side.