Chapter 11

(Bold italics are ancient language mainly between Ethan and Bloodhound/Archers)

Malia ran for her life as people on the hunt searched for the supernatural. She bumped into a few and there may or may not be a few unconscious bodies lying on the ground or in alleyways. She ran for all her might dodging many others, grabbing her phone, she managed to send out an alert text and she was meeting the others at the school.  

Scott was the first to get back to her and he, Derek, Stiles and Issac would be meeting her and then taking her to the safe house. Malia only made it to the school entrance when she was tackled to the floor by a hunter. She roared in pain as her arm was trapped behind her.

"Tut tut tut, you shouldn't run from us. No one can escape us not even Scott McCall" A nearby hunter called out as a sudden heavy pressure was embedded into her back. Malia let out a scream as something was injected into her and some type of heat came in contact with her skin. 

Her vision blurred as a haunting dread doctor appeared in her vision for not the first time as she gave into the darkness, words reached her ears. 

"He will be ours when the moon falls so will the sun. She will be his undoing, nature can't stand in the way any longer" 

Malia gasped inwardly as something heavy came in contact with her head and she struggled to stay awake. Darkness exploded in her vision.The next thing the werecoyote knew was a flashlight was being shone in her face and a concerned Derek was kneeling over her. 

"Malia, easy. We don't want to alarm you but there is a device attached to your arm so don't move a muscle" Derek spoke softly while placing a hand against Malia's arm calming the young woman. Deaton came into view with Melissa holding medical equipment which only freaked Malia more. Until she felt something soft rub against her side, moving her head she noticed the only other werecoyote had shifted and was her worst enemy yet took time out of his day to calm her down.

It had been a week since Derek carried in the unconscious Malia. The Wolfpack was worried especially when on Malia's left arm a chunk of her skin was missing as was a burn mark of a strange lightning bolt mixed with a star. Scott McCall was furious, the symbol according to Deaton was an old legend of a mark to death. According to the legend. Fifteen marks would be needed before death would be bestowed upon the one who had wronged the reason behind the marks to death. Attached to her arm was a small tracker of some sort, well that's what they gathered from Theo’s small explanation. According to the chimera it was a small device that sent small shocks to the heart, the nearer the one in control got the more violent the shocks were. When asked how he knew that, Theo shrugged his shoulders, went quiet and shifted forms. Theo had been in his werecoyote form since Malia had been brought in, the puppy pack were confused but Ethan ignored his son knowing Theo needed this. A comfort no one but Malia could give him, a werecoyote comfort. 

Currently, the pack were sleeping but taking shifts to keep watch. Only Ethan and Cameron were the only two forbidden from taking shifts, Theo had avoided them after Liam’s insistence and Scott agreed since Malia seemed to be recovering a lot quicker from the werecoyotes scent. At the moment Scott, Derek, Stiles, Issac, Argent and Jackson were on shift. 

“So, what’s so special about Theo? Last I checked Malia and Theo hated each other?” Stiles asked from his perch on the window where he was meant to be keeping watch but then again Derek seemed to have that covered as he took a glance at his baseball wielding partner. Issac only raised an eyebrow at him which earned himself a look from Stiles. 

“God knows, I’m so ready for this to be over. I can’t deal with this anymore. My question is why Ethan didn’t die when Aiden did? What’s so special about your omega? Obviously with him being pregnant he needs protection but last I checked Theo didn’t so I wanna know why the little shit is still in the pack after everything he did?” Issac asked looking at Scott who frowned, Argent remained quiet silently watching from the doorway. Jackson frowned, accepting the water off Scott and gesturing for the two to carry on. “Yeah, I’m still trying to work out why Theo is in the pack. I believe we did the right thing in putting him in hell” “You mean Liam did” “Yes, Stiles. I mean Liam but I wonder what he’s in this for?” Scott wondered looking out the window again. “I want to know why Theo isn’t back in hell for the shit he put us through” Stiles said leaning further into Derek’s arms, the older wolf wrapped an arm around the younger man. Issac smirked at the two as Scott rested his head on his boyfriend's shoulder. Jackson sighed deciding on answering the original question, he just wanted to go back to bed and sleep as he yawned.