Chapter 26 - The End

Six months later...

The sound of crying had him snapping awake and leaving the arms he had been in for weeks on end, he carefully headed into the bedroom of his son. His name Waylen after Liam's brother who never made it passed the age of two. However, when the crying ceased, his feet moved quicker only for a strangled gasp to leave his throat at the person who held his son.

There standing holding his six month old was his mother, Theo was in shock. Yes, he and Liam had been living in the home owned by Jackson and Ethan plus little Sierra who was now the age of two due to her inner Kanima ageing her quickly. Plus, with Ethan being unconscious, she grew quicker since her mother's presence wasn't around to slow it. Something to do with his omega status and who he was, Theo couldn't exactly recall what his grandfather had said as he was half-asleep at the time.

"Mother?" Theo's trembling tone had Ethan gently putting Waylen down in his cot which had his name above it before the older omega turned around and smiled. Ethan barely opened his arms before Theo dived for his chest, Ethan could only wrap his son up and settle down in the chair in the nursery.

"I've got you, let it out, I'm not going anywhere" Ethan reassured, pulling his first child into his warm chest and feeling for once at peace. The two drifted off holding one another, unaware of the days ahead or more importantly the others who wouldn't leave them alone. At least they had each other and that was all that mattered in the moment in time.

Hours later....

The sudden feeling of warmth was all he felt as he rolled over in bed intending on kissing his mate when he suddenly became aware of the emptiness, his eyes shot open out of confusion.

"T-heo?" Liam's half mumble had the alpha sitting up and looking around the room, he glanced at the nightstand only to see the nursery monitor, Theo wasn't on camera and neither was their son. He sighed listening with his ears for others in the household, it was silent which had him utterly confused especially since the time read 09:47, he thought his son would be up for his normal feed which exhausted Theo to the point Jackson had suggested a formula that both of them were happy with. Especially since little Sierra had it and it never affected her little kanima abilities. Normally Theo would bring their son back to bed and wake Liam so he could feed Waylen allowing Theo to get some sleep but their routine seemed knocked out of place this morning.

Pushing himself out of bed, Liam heard what sounded like chatter up ahead, he passed a smiling Aiden and Atlas, both having what was almost an intense conversation in the kitchen with Mason and Corey, both hardly awake and drinking coffee under the eyes of Aiden who watched his son with a protective look. Corey was the exact opposite of Aiden when he was a kid but at least he knew one thing he never had to worry about Corey when he was under the same roof.

"What's going on?" Liam asked with sleep clearly in his body language. Mason only patted his shoulder and gestured to the sofa behind Aiden who stepped aside giving the rare alpha the full vision of its occupants. There on the sofa was Jackson who had his arms wrapped around Ethan and Theo while Sierra and Waylen were in the cot beside them, within reaching distance.

"How long has he been awake?" Liam asked, he was wearing a happy smile as he felt the waves of happiness coming from his bond with Theo.

"Since 04:57 this morning, almost gave me a heart attack when he moved from my grip and the first thing he did was scold me for drinking alcohol" Aiden exclaimed, his hands going into the air. Mason only chuckled, getting glared at by the alpha which didn't phase him. Corey on the other hand hid his eyes against Mason's shoulder, his partner holding him close.

"He later moved when he heard your son cry and surprised Theo who hasn't separated himself from his mother except to feed Waylen but Theo hasn't let Ethan out of his sight and with good reason" Atlas added, Liam could only smile in thanks as he decided to leave the three on the sofa and make some breakfast.