.8.

When Y/n was more awake she was watching Tv, she tried to have a conversation with the maknaes, but then she talked too much she ran out of breath. She just needed time to calm down.

Dahyun was asleep next to her, Y/n could help but feel bad. She did this to Dahyun, but it's not her fault she got the medical problems.

Nayeon: "So, Midterms are a yes. You come back after about a month, finals are a yes...then Tour?"

Y/n smiled, "I can't wait to travel, maybe I can be a manger in training"

Mina: "No, you'll be safe with us. No working, just relax and enjoy the travel"

Y/n laughed a little, "That's fine, all I care about is no more injections"

Jeongyeon looked over, "I still don't know why you fought us everyday, you lost each time"

Y/n shrugged, "I hated the injections. Good thing I don't need anymore"

Sana: "Us too, that fight is over"

The nurses and continued their check ups, Dahyun woke up when dinner arrived and they all ate together, but not even halfway through lunch, "I'm tired. Like it feels like just eating this pizza is a workout"

Dahyun smiled and started to feed Y/n so she can get food in her stomach. It was like that the next morning after Y/n got the tube out.

The doctor walked in carefully, "Soo..."

Y/n rolled her eyes, "It failed?"

The doctor shook his head, "Huh, no. So...for the next 5 months....you'll have to get injection everyday to make sure the disease doesn't come back. Then when we check again, you'll be clear and won't have to take them"

Y/n: "Before I give any type of reaction, will it burn"

The doctor slowly nodded, "Yea....but it means it's working"

Mina stood up, "You do realize this girl fought us for a month for that stupid injection"

The doctor nodded, "Yeah I was told...So I'll get going now"

Y/n looked at Dahyun, "I'm not doing it"

Dahyun looked at her members, "You think we can find something to use to hold her down..."

Jeongyeon looked at her, "At least the first month will be okay, she's not as strong as she used to be"

Sana: "If she kicks me in the head again, I'm kicking her ass"

Dahyun shrugged, "Fair"

Y/n shook her head, "Not fair...please don't"

Sana nodded, "I may be the nice one, but kick me in the head Kim Y/n, I'll be kicking your ass"

Y/n nodded, "Noted, I will definitely keep that in mind"

When Y/n was cleared, it was around lunch, and was carried inside on Momo's back. It was a fancy restaurant and Y/n was so surprised, "I'm too broke to be here, especially with my medical bills"

Jihyo: "Don't worry about anything, no bills, no nothing. We're treating you today, and covering your bills"

Y/n tried to protest but she was already so tired, she just waited and sat down at the table when they got there. No worries for nothing, and just just urge to sleep all the time now, do nothing so she can't get tired or feel weak.

Later that night, Y/n tried to fight against the injection, but due to her weakness, she couldn't put up a strong fight and lost very quickly. Now sleeping with her head on Dahyun's lap.

Jihyo: "We have to find something to hold her down, 5 months, everyday"

Mina: "Maybe a reward will have her calm down"

Dahyun: She will always put up a fight...she's always hated shots, but when mom would give her a look she would try to stop, so she could go to me and I would hug her as she got the shot"

Sana: "Jihyo has the best...The Look...I think it should work"

Jihyo rolled her eyes, "It won't work, it'll work on you guys because you know there can be consequences following, Y/n doesn't and I'm not gonna push"

Dahyun: "Oh well"

Dahyun softly lifted Y/n's shirt to look at her scar again, it was one of the smallest things that she could see, knowing that scar is permanent.

For the next month, each day slowly got harder as Y/n was slowly gaining her strength back. She took her midterms, feeling confident she passed them, and her finals were coming up, but first things first...Her doctor

Y/n sat down in his office by herself and he looked at the results, "So how are the injections"

Y/n looked at him, "Well I'm running out of hiding spots, so to say"

Doc: "Okay..great. Well besides the heart, you are looking real good. It's one of the best appointments we've had"

Y/n nodded and looked at him, "I am gonna assume and excuse me for being rude and asking, who did you lose?"

Doc: "What?"

Y/n: "Who did you lose? Why are you so focused on me and basically begged me to do the surgery. I get you're a doctor and want to save lives, but this is different, it's like you're really looking out for me"

The doctor sighed, "My...daughter. She was just like you, same age too. She passed 2 years ago from cancer, and you remind me so much of her"

Y/n nodded, "I'm sorry for your loss"

The doctor slightly smiled, "Now let me ask you, why don't you want to bother anyone with this? Why keep it to yourself?"

Y/n chuckled a little bitterly, "My family, that's why."

Doc: "I thought you loved your family"

Y/n nodded, "Don't get me wrong, I do. But Kim Dahyun was always their favorite kid. I'm the little sister, she's the big sister. She was always creative, piano, singing, dancing, guitar, art, she did everything. I wasn't like that, so I tried to get my family's attention by sports and academics.

While one parent went to her recital, the other would be at my games, on FaceTime watching her recital. Dahyun was my number 1 supporter, as I was hers. She was the only one asking how I did, not caring about my parents praising her.

They have all her trophies, ribbons, medals, and certificates hanging on the wall, and I'm only on the wall, but it's a picture with both of us. So I'm the outcast. Me and Dahyun shared a room, and our room was filled with my awards, not because of me, but because she would go to the closet that held all my awards and take them out, putting them in our room. She was always so proud, making plans to grow up and we'll do something together, but she became a Kpop idol, and that was it

She left now to live in the spotlight, I just spent my time on activities. I turned 18, came here, and I told my parents that night, they brushed me off and talked about Dahyun's new comeback.

I couldn't tell Dahyun that her only sister, her number one supporter was dying. I couldn't crush her, so I refused to admit anything. Also I held my feelings and emotions for years, it's okay."

Doc: "You told your parents?"

Y/n nodded, "They said, "Oh sweetie that's nice, hang it in your room" Yes, like I'm gonna take my disease and hanging in a picture frame"

Doc: "Let's just give you your life that you deserve"

Y/n nodded, "Don't get me wrong about Dahyun, I love her, but I have to admit I was jealous. But now that she knows, it's easier. I also want to thank you for begging me to do the surgery"

The doctor nodded, they shook hands and left.