05 | Dissension

"Hey, that's enough! All of you! Okay? We're ending this

"Hey, that's enough! All of you! Okay? We're ending this." Ms. Park suddenly but in when we, her students, were having an argument with Na-yeon. She accused Gyeong-su of being bitten, even though it's just a scratch. This ungrateful brat, if it weren't for my friend we'd be all dead by now.

Ms. Park sighs deeply. She may be stressed even more right now– not maybe, but really even more stressed because of us.

"Let's do this. Gyeong-su, you're going to wait in the recording room for ten minutes. I know it will be hard, but it's better than people thinking you're infected."

"No one else thinks I'm infected. It's only her." Gyeong-su reasoned out, making me glare at Na-yeon.

"Gyeong-su ah, would you please do it?" Ms. Park asked again with all seriousness, her hands on her waist, wanting the best for all of us here.

"Never mind ten, I'll do half... no, I'll just do a full hour." Gyeong-su replied with annoyance in his face. I went near Wu-jin and leaned to cabinet-like where he is seated.

"Why won't that brat shut up already?" I whispered to him with a frown on my face. Wu-jin agreed with me then glared at Na-yeon.

"And everyone else is okay with that, right?" I wanted to disagree, but oh well, we live in a democratic country where the majority wins.

"Let's consider this a way to trust each other."

Gyeong-su stayed and sat in the recording room, while my face follows where he goes.

"Sem..." I called Ms. Park, receiving a hum as a response from her.

"Isn't it unfair to Gyeong-su? It's only her who suspected him, it's only her who looked down on him. Why does my friend have to be the one to adjust everytime? When will she learn to adjust on her own, if she thinks that the whole world will adjust for her?" I asked without looking at them but to Gyeong-su who was just seated, and silence fell again.

»»————-  ————-««

I sat in a chair while facing the ceiling, bored, and not minding the pain of the cuts in my skin, when someone suddenly sat beside me.

"Are you okay?" Su-hyeok asked, looking at me. Well, I'm not looking at him but I can feel his stares.

"Yeah..." Was the only words that I could mutter. I don't know, it's just that being around him is... painfully awkward.

An awkward silence surrounded us, not until Cheong-san spoke up for the whole survivors inside.

"Ms. Park... It has been more than 30 minutes, but he still doesn't want to come out."

"I'll see what I can do." Ms. Park then came inside where Gyeong-su was quarantined. I pulled my chair to sit beside Nam-ra, she looked at me and I smiled at her.