11 | To the rooftop

Everything happened so fast

Everything happened so fast. One-half of the music room is now filled with hideous-looking and hungry zombies who are trying to climb over the stacked wall we made. Each and every of us are using all of our strength to prevent the barrier from falling.

Few of the materials that we used to make the wall are also dropping down. I wasted no second to get them from the floor and throw them to the side where the zombies are swarming.

"Dae-su ah, you gotta make some noise." On-jo told our friend while looking in the window.

"DIE ZOMBIES, F*CKING DIE!" Dae-su shouted with desperation, Wu-jin and I looked at each other with frustration as more zombies entered the room, both of us were holding a book shelf.

"Do it one more time!"

Without hesitation, our friend yelled again with the maximum volume of his voice. "ST*PID ZOMBIES! MOTHERF*CKERS!"

More growling from these monsters can be heard. On-jo then started to use some instruments to make some noise. Soon enough– Hyo-ryeong, Joon-yeong, Nam-ra, Na-yeon, and Ji-min joined her, creating a clangor to attract more zombies in the area.

"What in the f*cking suicide mission is this." I mumbled as I struggled to hold down the book shelf by myself since Wu-jin ran near the window to check the situation outside this room.

"Wu-jin ah!" Cheong-san shouted, asking our friend for some go-signal. "We can't go now! Not yet!"

Everyone continued to bang some instruments and make some noise. I watched the horrible sight from the other end as more zombies were trying to climb up the barricade. I looked at them with pity. Surely, these zombies also didn't want to end up at their cruel fate.

I carefully released my hold from the shelf, and watched if it was gonna hold up on its own. And when it did, I rushed to get something to use as a weapon against the zombies. Seeing a chair, I used all my strength to break it and got its one leg to hit the zombies that were trying to climb.

"It's not going to hold up!" Hyo-ryeong shouted, almost crying with the situation we're in.

"Sh*t!" I shouted as one zombie grabbed my hair causing me to stumble. Luckily, Cheong-san noticed this and began hitting the zombie with a music stand to let go of me.

"I see, no argument could hinder our friendship." I managed to assert in the middle of our hard luck, making him chuckle a bit.

"Not when a zombie is trying to grab my friend." He replied, while both of us were holding the stacked chairs. On-jo, who's beside me, looked at me with a tired face. I put up a little smile like telling her it's okay, your plan will work.

"How much longer is it gonna take? Let's go!" Dae-su shouted at Wu-jin as he tried to look at the window again. "A little more, not yet!" He replied, wearing a distraught look at his face.