16 | Tears and rain

We all sat back around the bonfire, calming ourselves from what just happened

We all sat back around the bonfire, calming ourselves from what just happened. Joon-yeong was trying to fix his glasses, Dae-su was checking up himself, I-sak was trying to clean On-jo and Gyeong-su's wound, Wu-jin was wiping the blood from the wound I got earlier, while the others are just staring at nothing.

"Don't you think we all deserve to eat after all of... this?" Dae-su asked us while touching his tummy, the others then started to agree.

"I'll get it." I was about to stand up but Wu-jin held my hand, making me look at him.

"I'm still treating your wound." He said. I looked at my elbow that he has been cleaning since, which I assume I got when that boy with weird haircut tackled me to the ground.

"It's just a scratch." I uttered with my brows furrowing.

"Don't worry Y/N, we'll just get it." Gyeong-su stood up, followed by Na-yeon who's sitting beside him. I glared at Wu-jin who just put up an annoying smile on his face.

"What the hell is up with that Gwi-nam kid? You said he got bitten." Joon-yeong looked at his broken glasses then at Cheong-san.

"I don't know. It looks like he became something totally different." Cheong-san answered him. "I don't think he can die." Su-hyeok also added.

Gyeong-su and Na-yeon came back with five biscuits and six bottles of water, Dae-su looked at both of them like he's offended.

"Seriously? Just this? We packed a lot, didn't we?" Dae-su held his stomach dramatically and looked at the one biscuit with sorrow.

"We need to save as much as we can. We don't know how long we'll be stuck in this freaking apocalypse." Gyeong-su told him while sitting down, Dae-su seemed to understand it and started opening a biscuit.

"Let's just share with one another." I-sak stated. Dae-su, who's about to eat a whole biscuit, put it down and shared it with Wu-jin.

We all started filling our stomachs. Though you really can't get full with what we just ate, it's still good in the feeling that we were able to chew and drink something.

"By the way. Y/N, what's up with you and that boy?" Gyeong-su interrogated me while munching some biscuits. That made me stunned for a while but I answered anyway.

"We were... friends. He moved away. But when I finally transferred here, he's already a bullies' gopher so I did not waste time restoring our friendship..."

"But you're also friends with Su-hyeok in his bully era, right?" He asked once again, making me chuckle.

"Yah!" Su-hyeok shouted and glared at him.

"It's true though. It's because he'd always cry after hanging out with them, so I felt like he could still change, he's just not strong enough to do it yet those days."

"What a good friend you are." I-sak mentioned and laughed.

"And when he told you he likes you? Na-yeon's rumor is true afterall." Hyo-ryeong remarked, Na-yeon pursed her lips and looked away. I just chuckled like telling them it was nothing. Right, I remember that rumor from a long time ago, when Na-yeon claimed that the bullies' gopher has a crush on the new girl.