06 | Going after

I laid on the table near me with my hands, silently crying because of what just happened

Many tears escaped from my eyes but I made sure not to make any sound, pretending to be sleeping. I felt someone's hand patting my back but I did not bother to look who it was.

"I didn't hear anything at all. I just couldn't hear anything." Cheong-san broke the silence that's surrounding the room.

"Like what?"

"I mean, after Na-yeon went out... and then Ms. Park went after her. I didn't hear anything after that." He explained, I lifted my head, wiping the tears off my face. I saw that On-jo and Gyeong-su were sitting beside me.

"You mean screaming?" Su-hyeok asked again, making sure if he understood what Cheong-san means, then the latter nodded.

"Maybe they didn't die then? They wouldn't have been quiet if zombies were biting them. They must be alive." Dae-su replied, making everyone look at him.

"I was thinking the same, maybe they managed to escape, especially it's night time." I said, agreeing to what my friend just said, while putting my head on On-jo's shoulder which made her tap it.

"Why aren't you responding? Only Y/N did. No one always answers me except her, I'm always talking to myself and her." Dae-su added, looking down as if he's in blue. I closed my eyes, feeling bad for him.

Feeling left out or ignored in a group is one of the worst things ever.

The others then started to agree, but everyone looked at Ji-min when she said something.

"Should she be alive?" She uttered, looking down.

"What do you mean?" Joon-yeong asked her.

"She's a murderer. She tried to kill Gyeong-su and walked out on her own. Is it even right for her to be alive? Aren't you all being fake?"

"Jimin-ah." I called her, turning their attention to me.

"I get what you mean. But when we think that she shouldn't live, it's just like we're the same as her. Wishing someone's death... is just like the same." I replied, earning silence.

"What about Ms. Park? Should she be dead too?" Wu-jin asked, trying to understand the girl he's been talking to.

"Is that our fault?"

"Either way, we're responsible for what happened."

"And why is that? What did we do wrong? Na-yeon tried to kill someone, then played the victim, and chose to leave on her own... because we didn't listen to her. If no one's on your side, is it okay to kill? Ms. Park acted like we were wrong, we didn't tell Na-yeon to get out there, neither did Ms. Park. Why should we feel bad?"

We all turned our attention to Gyeong-su, who can be heard sobbing, while covering his face with his palms.

"Sorry, this is all my fault." He whispered but loud enough for us to hear it.