14 | Talks around the bonfire

The sun was already set and the night fell, all of us were sitting around the bonfire, feeling the warmth of it

The sun was already set and the night fell, all of us were sitting around the bonfire, feeling the warmth of it. I am sitting in between Wu-jin and Nam-ra. This whole thing feels nice, it's like we're having a bonfire on the beach, just a rooftop version featuring the apocalypse.

"Dae-su ah..." Su-hyeok called our friend. "Yeah?"

"How was your audition?" He asked Dae-su, the latter then replied lazily. "They said I have to lose some weight."

"What's wrong with them? Weight has nothing to do with singing." I exclaimed, Dae-su smiled a little with what I just said. It's true though, why do they have to point out someone's weight in a singing audition?

"Well, you're a good singer. Sing for us, I want to hear it." Su-hyeok complimented him, and I nodded in agreement. I noticed that some strands of my hair already fell, making my bunned hair a little messy. [half-ponytail for those who have short hair]

"Just forget it. I don't want it."

"I actually really like that song." Joon-yeong mentioned, this lights up Dae-su's mood.

"Is that so?" He asked him as if he's not believing Joon-yeong's statement.

"Nado, the song is nice and your voice is also nice. It's a perfect combination." I added, then Dae-su once again doubted it.

"It's really nice." Wu-jin also commented to his best friend.

"You sing well." Su-hyeok encourages Dae-su more.

"That's right, sing for us, man." Gyeong-su pleaded while smiling.

Dae-su then cleared his throat. "It'll cheer us up." Wu-jin noted one last time before Dae-su started to sing.

And Dae-su really has an amazing voice, no cap. His voice is so soothing, his voice is giving hope. What a shame to those judges that rejected him for his physical characteristics when nothing's literally wrong with him, it's their loss.

With him singing, my mind just suddenly shows some flashbacks. The normal life we all had before this apocalypse, the laughter we always wear whenever we step into this school.

When me and my friends sneak here, on the rooftop, whenever there's an event.

I-sak, On-jo, and I going to the mall for some window shopping.

Me with Wu-jin, Dae-su, Gyeong-su and Joon-yeong strolling to the city and them bringing me home whenever we walk until night.

Su-hyeok treating me a street food if he's involved in a bullying scenario again.

Cheong-san telling me to stop courting his mom for free chickens.

Nam-ra helping me to study for the biology test.

Though I'm not really that close with Ji-min, Hyo-ryeong and Na-yeon– I also have happy memories with them like fighting over the prettiest broom whenever the four of us are the cleaners for the day.