Something Strange

Nadia stood on the back porch in her thin pajamas, surprised the cold wasn't unbearable. She could feel the brisk breeze kiss her skin, leaving behind a trail of goosebumps.

Why was she outside? She couldn't quite remember why she came out or how she even got here. The last thing she remembered was having a few glasses of wine on the back porch, bundled up in a quilt, then going to bed.

"Nadia..."

The deep, husky voice washed over her, setting off tingles that ran up her spine. She looked over, seeing a tall, rugged form standing on the beach, his eyes glowing gold in the dark. Another delicious tingle ran down her spine and settled in her core. She clenched her legs together, slightly worried they just might give out with the hungry look he was giving her. All of this seemed to overwhelm the confusion over the situation.

Remy Hutchinson - who she was pretty sure didn't actually like her for some reason - was standing on the beach outside her house. Licking his lips like he was about to devour her.

God, she hoped he was.

Wait. No.

"Not single, Nadia," she scolded herself.

"What are you doing here?" she called out.

Remy chuckled and started walking towards her slowly, almost like he was some animal stalking its prey. Nadia told herself to turn around and run back inside, but her feet wouldn't move. In fact, her body was screaming for him to come closer. To touch her.

"I'm here for you," Remy said.

"I... what?" Nadia breathed, starting to feel lightheaded. "Me? Why?"

"I know you feel it," he replied, moving closer. And closer.

Beyond all reason, Nadia finally found her feet moving. Except they weren't going in the direction of safety. No, they were taking her straight to him.

"Feel what?"

Nadia finally stopped at the same time he did. Remy was just a few inches or less from her, his golden eyes boring down into her. She felt like he was seconds away from scorching her clothing right off her body. He reached up, his large hand cupping her cheek. Nadia found herself leaning into his touch as her heart rate sped up.

"Ours," came faint whispers in her head.

Ours?

"Oh, so you don't feel anything? You don't want my hands on your body? My lips... and tongue... worshiping you?" he replied, his voice doing things to her that she had only read about in smutty novels.

Nadia's knees buckled slightly, though she kept upright. Holy shit, was this actually working for her?

Yes. Yes, it was.

Remy closed his eyes, breathing in deeply through his nose. When his eyes flew open again, they were flashing a brighter gold. Wait... why were his eyes gold? That wasn't normal, right? Weren't they hazel before?

"I know you want me."

"I... uh..."

Remy chuckled, a deep sound that rumbled through his chest. His thumb caressed her cheek before his hand slid back into her hair, taking a firm hold as his other hand tightly gripped her waist, pulling her flush against him.

Nadia nearly lost her damn mind as her skin overheated. She had always wanted to be handled a bit rougher, and god dammit, she was fairly sure her panties were soaked right now.

He leaned down, his nose running down her forehead and nose as her breath came out in short pants. It felt like her heart was going to explode out of her chest if he didn't kiss her right damn now.