More Bad News

Nadia groaned loudly as she rolled over and pulled the comforter over her head. This was one of the worst hangovers she had ever had. Okay, maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration, but she still felt rotten. Her mouth felt like cotton with a nasty aftertaste. A throbbing pulsed through her head and she didn't think painkillers would help all that much. Her eyes were ridiculously dry, but that was likely because she had slept in her contacts - something she never did.

Just how much had she drunk again?

Part of her wanted to stay in bed all day, but then she remembered that Chloe was here. Nadia shot up, then immediately groaned as she bent over, clutching her head. That was a bad move.

Breathing slowly, she finally opened her eyes - blinking several times to get her vision to clear up - and looked around her room, listening for any sounds of life in the house. When she heard nothing, she whipped the comforter off and then stared down at her body, which was once again caked in sand and mud, her clothes wrinkled and slightly stiff from the waist down. Sand covered her sheets as well.

Her heartbeat faltered as she stared down at the mess.

Not again.

Her memories were fuzzy, but it had been storming. Surely she hadn't gone out in that, had she? A sinking feeling hit Nadia in the stomach. This was the second morning in a row she had woken up with dirty and sandy clothes and no recollection of what had happened. Sure, she had an excuse for last night, but the first time she hadn't been drunk when she went to bed.

Maybe it was sleepwalking. She was stressed and sleepwalking.

Whatever it was, Nadia didn't like the idea that she was walking around outside with no memory of such an action. For a few moments, she contemplated what to do. She locked the doors before bed every night, but it seemed like that didn't stop her. Nadia then remembered the wireless cameras she had packed. They had them up outside their apartment in Boston and Nadia thought it wouldn't be a bad safety precaution even in a small town, though she had forgotten to put them up.

Quickly, she got out of bed and walked over to the dresser. She dug around a bit until she found two and pulled them out.

This would hopefully give her some answers. At least confirm that she was, indeed, going out in her sleep. And maybe show just exactly what she was doing. Perhaps she would get more and put them up around the house as well.

Quickly, Nadia walked out, tiptoeing her way to the back door as she didn't want to wake up Chloe, who would surely ask questions. Nadia couldn't remember everything they talked about last night, but this was definitely something she didn't want to bring up to her new friend just yet.

Hell, she wasn't even sure she wanted to mention it to Lara.

It didn't take long to set up the camera over the door, facing it towards the beach. She then made her way back into the house. Once she reached the living room, she came to a stop, finding it completely empty and cleaned of all the food and alcohol from the night before.

A note sat on the coffee table. Nadia walked over and read it. Chloe had cleaned up and then headed out to check on some things before she went to the cafe. She told Nadia to come in later when she felt up for it.

"Hmm... that was nice of her," Nadia muttered to herself, wondering just how early Chloe had gotten up to do all that.

Putting the note down, she continued on with her task, putting up the second camera over the front door and quickly setting everything up so she could check the footage from her laptop. She then started the laundry - again - before dragging herself into the shower. She didn't really want to go into town, but Chloe had cleaned up her house. Nadia owed it to her to at least thank her in person and perhaps give her some business. She wasn't sure how bad the storm had been and if anyone would be out and about today.