Too Many Beaus

Remy immediately went rigid as his grip on Nadia tightened, in utter and complete shock at the scene before him.

Boyfriend?

He knew this was a possibility, but it would have been a good thing to know before his head had been between Nadia's legs. A tornado of anger, disappointment, and betrayal ran through him, though he couldn't seem to decide which was stronger.

Either way, Remy needed to keep it together. It was obvious that Trevor was human and couldn't know their secret. About who he and Nadia truly were or the fact that they had messed around earlier that day.

"Uh, hey," Trevor said, giving an awkward wave.

The man looked like a strong wind would blow him over. Tall and reed-thin - at least compared to most of the residents of Fisher's Bay - dressed in chinos and a sweater over a collared shirt like some prep. His sandy blonde hair was perfectly styled. He probably went to private school and worked in finance, or some other high-paying, boring desk job where he never got his hands dirty.

Remy caught himself before he sneered, doing his best to keep his face straight. It was already an awkward situation and he wasn't about to make it worse. But he and Nadia definitely had a lot to talk about later when they were on their own.

"Trevor, what are you doing here?" Nadia asked, stepping out of Remy's grip and walking over to hug him.

Remy swallowed a growl, mentally telling his wolf to play it cool, though even he was feeling territorial. Yes, Nadia was his mate, but she currently didn't know that. Chloe gave him an apologetic look.

"Right, I should have mentioned that..."

"What the hell, Chloe? Kind of important, don't you think?"

"She said she was breaking up with him. I thought she did it already."

"You two fucked, didn't you?"

Remy shot a glare at Tate, who was thoroughly enjoying the entire situation. Of course, he would.

"Not important right now."

"HA! YOU TOTALLY FUCKED!"

"We didn't."

"So that's why you're so pissy. Blue balls, man. I get it."

"Guys, focus!"

"These are my friends, Chloe; Tate, the sheriff; and this is Remy, the town mayor," Nadia finished saying, motioning around the group.

Remy schooled his expression, giving Trevor a short nod, though he noticed that Nadia looked incredibly uncomfortable right now - and for good reason. Even though Remy instantly didn't like Trevor for the sole fact that he was currently Nadia's boyfriend, he couldn't help but feel bad for him.

God, he had gotten involved with another guy's girlfriend. He was that guy. This is why he should have stopped everything and waited. Gotten to know Nadia better before he let his dick take over. It didn't help that she was supposedly breaking up with him. From what Remy could tell right now, she hadn't done it yet.

Why hadn't Nadia said anything? If he had known about Trevor, he wouldn't have let them go as far as they did. Made Nadia stop. While she was also in the wrong here, he knew it wasn't completely her fault. He struggled to control his instincts while around her so figured it must be just as hard for her. Especially with the binds on her supernatural essence coming undone.

Remy had known his whole life what he was and learned from a young age how to control the animal within him - Nadia has only found out this morning.

Fuck, this was getting far too complicated. Remy was already nervous about telling Nadia they were some sort of mystical, fated mates that only seemed to happen once in a century or two. Now they had to add a human boyfriend into the mix.