New Impressions

Remy sighed as he walked down the street from City Hall towards Chloe's coffee shop, a dull ache throbbing through his head. He had spent all morning going over storm damage both in and outside of town and delegating tasks as well as pitching in physically to help where he could. His phone had been ringing almost non-stop all night and he was in serious need of caffeine before he did anything more.

As far as emergencies in Fisher's Bay, the storm hadn't been the worst by far. There were a few downed trees, damaged homes and outbuildings, and the electricity had been knocked out for a few hours for some houses farther out from town. That had taken some time to fix, but thankfully most people had been asleep and didn't even notice. Most of the calls last night had been the patrols checking in to let him know that all the borders were clear.

All in all, it wasn't that bad, though some people in the town were acting as though frickin' WWIII had launched (Agatha, who was convinced the storm was a bad omen), while others were more laid back (thank the gods for Tate and Chelsea). Either way, Remy was drained despite it only being about 11 a.m. He wasn't sure when he'd get to bed tonight either, considering the sheer amount of work ahead of him between the clean-up and the Council.

Oh, and the fact that there was still a murderer running around.

How he longed for the days when all he had to do was look out for the wolves and attend Council meetings rather than run them. He couldn't even remember the last time he had overseen training with the pack's warriors, leaving it mostly up to Chloe nowadays. He was lucky to make it to the gym as it was.

On top of all that, his thoughts kept circling back around to the Nadia issue.

All sorts of scenarios had played out, but he was no closer to figuring out what was going on. Not without speaking to Cian. He had considered talking to Agatha, but then quickly tossed that idea, knowing the witch, while powerful and knowledgeable, was the town's biggest gossip and currently not a huge fan of Nadia's.

In fact, she had never been a fan of Nadia's family, though Remy had no clue why. It was obviously something from before he was born, but didn't think it worth his while to ask his mother about it.

Yet again, his wolf grumbled in his head. Remy had been fighting him all day, the animal wanting nothing more than to go check on Nadia. Even a text from Chloe hadn't appeased him, wanting to see her with his own eyes. The constant grumbling and growling was only adding to Remy's headache.

A buzzing in his back pocket had Remy rolling his eyes. He contemplated just letting it go to voicemail, but then decided against it, knowing that would only bite him in the ass sooner rather than later. He then froze when he looked down and saw that it was Cian - the one being he most wanted to speak with at the moment.

"About damn time," he growled into the phone.

"No need to be rude. You know we take high offense to, well, just about anything," came the snarky, yet light response. "Be glad you didn't say that to Aoife. She'd have your head on a platter. Literally."

Remy bit his tongue, not really in the mood for Cian's usual cheek. The fae could be infuriating on a good day, but his extensive research into supernatural races over his many years of existence was invaluable. While Cian was relatively laid back compared to the few other fae that Remy had met, he still watched himself. They were an extremely powerful sect of supernatural, with Cian - the King of the Seelie Court - and his counterpart Aoife - the Queen of the Unseelie Court - the two most powerful.

Didn't help that they were notorious tricksters. One had to be careful what sort of deals you entered with any fae, Seelie or Unseelie.

Remy wondered what it was going to cost him for Cian's help this time. Thankfully the last time he had only had to pay money, granted it had still taken him a few years. But it was this or go to a demon and Remy pretty much had a "kill on sight" approach with demons. He didn't think any of them would be in the mood to help anyway.