16. Gut-wrenching fear.

Zoe's POV
I stood there, my feet rooted to the ground my head spinning at the sight of my brother and Alfie. I hardly pinched my delicate skin, praying it was a dream. I know what your thinking, why on earth would I want to be a dream? Was I some dumb idiot. But the truth was I knew we couldn't escape Casper, I had learnt it the hard way. And knew they were going to live a life of misery all because of me being to weak to defend myself.
"Zoe, we need to get going!" Joe whispered, tugging my shoulder.
I tried to speak, but my mouth wouldn't move, I stood there for a moment before blindly following Joe and Alfie not even really looking or caring. Before I knew it, silent tears were strearing down my pale skin, my mascara-covered eyelashes dampened at the sudden waterfall. I looked at the ground, praying they would not see me cry in a pit of self-pity. Then a warm hand, caressed my face wiping the tears away. I looked up to see Alfie staring back at me while he cleaned up my tears. Without saying a word, he suddenly hugged me, tightly holding my trembling body while whispering sweet things.
"C'mon Zo I can see the door." Joe said patting my back while sending a small smile at Alfie.
We carried on jogging, running and running until I swear my feet were going to bleed. Finally we reached a possible exit, a mahogony door with thick brass handles. The only problem, it was surrounded by armed men and Casper himself. I gripped Joe's arm for support, my legs going weak at the very sight of him. Flashbacks of what he did to me, flashed and danced in my head, I could feel myself getting more and more numb. Then suddenly I remembered, what about my beautiful Troye? What about the memories we shared and the dreams we had created together? I couldn't just leave him, not after what he shared with me.
Suddenly we heard footsteps, light ones tapping lightly almost like the person was dancing. And a soft voice was heard singing a song only Troye and I knew.
My happy little pill,
Take me way,
Take my hunger...
"Troye?" I whispered in a barley audible voice.
"Zoella?" I heard him softely reply back.
He came around the corner and flung himself onto me, enveloping me a giant bear hug.
"Whos this, Zoella?" Troye said pointing at Joe and Alfie.
"This is my brother Joe and my,uh, best friend Alfie." I said pointing to each of them.
"C'mon this is our chance," Joe said "Zoe and Troye, you run and don't stop running!"
With that we sneaked around the corner and started shuffling towards the door. Suddenly, someone gripped my wrist and whispered in my ear:
"Where are you going princess?"
.............................
A\N
Hey hey!
I'm back, I'm freaking back!just wanted to say thank you for over 1000 reads, that is insane!
•Vote,comment and fan.
•Tips or ideas PM me!
•Stay beautiful!
Word count: 522!