Chapter 1

It was December again. Some say the most wonderful time of the year. I say otherwise. I think December is the most horrible time of the year. For me at least.

Yes it was my least favorite time of the year. The same month where my ex boyfriend Benji broke up with me. I didn't still love him. It was the fact he tried every way shape or form to make sure I remember 'what a loss' I took.

This was also why I hated December. But regardless I had work to do. I went to my night shift at the local Applebee's and began seating tables. But my worst nightmare was already there. Nate Gerald. He's in my major but he's an ass at work. He always takes my customers before I seat them.

"What's up, short stack?" He laughed.

"Ok, I'm only a few inches shorter then you, asshole." I said.

"Heh." He said softly. "You've got the Grottos."

He gave me a notepad.

"Table 9. They brought the mother." He said.

"Damn it." I muttered.

"Thank you, Minehart." He said. "I definitely owe you one."

Of course he gave me the Grottos even though they were his table. What an asshole. A suprisingly good looking one to be honest.

After work me and Nate were in charge of lock up this week. I was cleaning tables while he was clean the bar.

"Hey, emo boy." I yelled.

"What do you want, shortass?" He yelled back.

I thought for a second. I could either ask him why he gave me the Grottos. Or, I could ask him to help me get Benji go back off.

"Get over here." I yelled.

He finished cleaning and came over to me. "What do you want?"

"Remember how you said you owe me one?" I started.

"Oh god. What do you need?" He sighed.

"So my ex is an asshole. I need you to help me get him to back off." I said.

"How? You want me to fight him?" He asked clearly questioning me.

"No. You. Me. All December. Acting like a couple." I said.

He stayed quiet for a few moments.

"Deal." He said.