Chapter 2

"Let's talk at my house after closing." Nate said.

"Sounds good." I said.

He walked to the other side of the restaurant to finish cleaning. When we both finished we got our stuff from the backroom and headed outside.

"Where's your car?" He asked looking around the parking lot.

"I normally walk to the bus stop down the road for half an hour." I said.

He looked at me for a few moments. "Come on. Get in the car." He gestured for me to go to his car.

He had a black Range Rover.

"2014 Range Rover sport. Nice." I said.

"Well you obviously have taste." He laughed.

He started driving for a while until we got to his apartment. When he unlocked the door I saw the complete opposite of what I thought it would look like. He had a pretty modern place. I sat on the couch and he sat in the seat next to it.

"So let me get this straight." He started. "You want us to pretend we're dating to piss off your ex?"

"Pretty much." I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I'm sick of him always finding a way to try and make me think that I made a mistake with him." I said.

"Do you think you made a mistake?" He asked.

"Oh god no. The only reason I dated him was because our parents wanted us to." I said.

"Ok. So what are you thinking?" He said.

"I don't know. Wait give me your phone." I said.

He gave me his phone and I followed myself on Instagram.

"That's a start. He sees a guy he's never met following me he'll get annoyed." I said. "But we're going for pissed."

"Alright. I'm starting to like this new Madeline." He laughed. "Listen, you can say here for the night since your about an hour away from your house and the buses stopped working."

"Alright. Sounds good. I'll let my sister know." I said.

I followed Nate to the guest room and called my sister.

"Maddie! Where are you?" My sister yelled through the phone even Nate could here.

He gestured he was going to make a snack and would be back.

"Relax Chrissy. I'm going to spend the night at Nate's house." I said.

"Nate Gerald?" She asked.

"Long story. How's Blake?" I asked.

Blake was my twin brother. Technically my baby brother at the same time because he was born 9 days after I was.

"Mads he's 20. He doesn't need to tell me every single minute about how he's doing." She said.

"Fine I'll ask myself. See ya." I said and hung up.