Chapter 5

At work my sister was at the door waiting.

"What the hell Maddie. I called you like 8 times and you didn't answer!" She said while making sure I was ok.

"Are you sure the call even went after the first ring?" I asked.

"No? Why would I?" She asked.

"Christina, I'm fine. You can go now I think I'm going to stay at Nate's for a while longer. Tell Blake I say hi." I said then walked away to wait tables.

"Hello, My name is Madeline. I'll be your waitress today. So can I get you started with some drinks?" I said going to a new table. It was our regulars the Davis couple.

"Hey, Maddie. We'll have the usual. Sprite and Coke." The woman, Laura said. "And we'll have the onion rings for appetizers."

I finished writing everything down. "Alright. And happy anniversary, Davis'."

Even though my favorite regulars came, my least favorite regulars had to come. The Grattons. All they ever did was talk about how they're so happy with their lives and downsize others achievements.

"Don't worry I'll take 'em." Nate whispered in my ear while walking toward the Grattons table.

He's being nice? I couldn't believe it but I didn't complain. I kinda like this new Nate.

I leaned on a wooden column and looked at Nate dealing with the Grattons. He looked up at me and smiled and winked at me before going back to them.

At the end of the night. We didn't have closing shifts so we went back to his house and sat to watch TV.

"So horror?" He said while grabbing the remote.

"How'd you know?" I asked.

"Your brother said a lot about you." He said while looking at me and smiling.

"Right." I said softly.

Do I actually like this guy?