Chapter 15

Soon it was dark. Me and Nate decided to go up to our room to chill before we headed to bed.

"So." Nate said. "How's the ring?"

"Amazing. I love it. I can't believe you remembered that." I said.

"Yeah." He said. "Too bad this isn't real."

I turned around. "What?"

"Well you said you wanted to keep it fake. And I checked your Instagram. Benji is pissed. So my work here is done." He said.

"I thought you wanted this to be real. If you didn't why did you say infront of my parents you'd ask an important question?" I asked.

"Just to get them to buy it." He said.

I was speechless but managed to speak for a small second. "I'm leaving."

"What?" He asked.

"Not real, no real reason to stay. I'm sure you can tell my parents it didn't work out. Maybe they'll buy that." I said.

I walked out the house and got into my car.

"Hey. Hey. Maddie please." Nate said following me. "How'd I get home?"

"Chrissy goes past the airport you can go there." I said.

And I drove away. Days went by and it went to the point where we had to go to work. I saw him at work and tried my best to avoid him. At the end of the day I walked home. When I got home I called my best friend. Alejandra.

Madeline: Ale?
Alejandra: Mads? What's up?
Madeline: It's done.
Alejandra: You and Nate?
Madeline: I thought he actually liked me and he just wanted to mess with my parents.
Alejandra: Oh. Maddie I'm sorry.

We talked a while longer then when we hung up I made a big decision. I'm moving away from here. Maybe Amsterdam. I sold everything that wasn't essential to me and got on a plane.