Chapter 3

I went into the kitchen and saw Nate was making some cookies. He was definitely not the Nate I thought he was. He was actually really caring and sweet.

"Figured we're going to be planning this well into the night so might as well." He laughed.

We sat down at the kitchen island and we got to work on our story. It took hours but we finally got it right.

If anyone asked we'd say we met in class and started dating in September (to avoid any suspicion from Benji). We thought up of some dates we could tell people and how were going to spend the holidays together.

"I'm not going to lie but I think this'll be probably the best lie I'll ever do." He said.

"Me too. Oh my God imagine what his face will look like." I laughed.

He laughed and looked at me. Just looked at me. It was for a strange amount of time but I couldn't help to notice he was looking into my eyes basically.

Suddenly the lights went out.

He sighed. "God damn it."

I jumped. "What happened?"

"The lights went out. I'm assuming a storms coming." He said looking out the window.

"That's great. Just like home except the lights went out because we were broke" I laughed.

"We should probably head to bed." He suggested.

"Yeah. I'll see you tomorrow." I said. And I went to bed.