Chapter 13

Days went by and soon it was Christmas Eve. Me and Nate decided to take Chrissy and Cole's 7 year old daughter to go out for hot chocolate. When we were about to leave my mom came in.

"Maddie. Where are you going?" She asked.

"Oh we're going to get hot chocolate." I said.

"Oh we can go together." She said.

"Uh- mom it's kinda a date." I whispered.

"Ohhhhh." She said.

She gave me a thumbs up and we left. When we got to the hot chocolate cafe we each ordered what we wanted and I took out some money to pay.

"Madeline, love it's ok. I'll pay for it." Nate said.

"No. I'll pay for it." I said trying to get my card to the register.

That's when I realized he picked me up bridal style onto a nearby chair. Cole and Chrissy's daughter, Lizzie could only do anything but laugh.

"You know find a guy like this in your year you'll be set for life." I told her.

"Well Zach gets me chips everyday." She said.

I fake gasped. "Who is this Zach I hear of?"

She covered her face but I could see and hear her giggling. Nate came to the table.

"So. What's up?" He asked.

"Well little Lizzie over here has herself a little boyfriend." I laughed. "Don't tell your mom she's the female replica of my dad."

Nate just laughed. But his laugh was charming and I really liked listening to it. When we got home Lizzie went inside before we could get out the car. So it was just me and Nate.

"So. You think we can keep this 'fake' thing till new years?" I asked.

He smiled and gave me a small kiss. "Yeah."

"Ok." I said.

We went inside and sat in the living room. Nate wrapped his arm around me.

"Hey." Cole said. "That's my fiance's little sister so don't try anything."

"Hey. Not trying for any trouble. I just wanna hold my girlfriend." He said.

I smiled and gave him a hug. "Relax Cole. You remember how me and Blake were when you started dating Christina. Can't even tell you how much we talked about you."

"Hey be nice to Cole." Christina said walking in.

"Yeah I never heard of a proposal happening recently." I said.

She hit Cole in the leg.

"What I thought they knew." He protested.

After we chilled out we watched a movie then realized if Lizzie saw us she'd think Santa wasn't real so we all rushed to our rooms.