Chapter 9

When I woke up Nate's arm was wrapped around me. I couldn't help but smile. It was kind of comforting. I shook his arm a little bit to wake him up.

"What?" He groaned.

"Hey. It's time to get up it's already 9AM." I said softly.

"Mmm. No." He said while he put both his arms around me. "It's still early."

"Hey. I thought you said that this was all for faksies to Benji?" I said.

"No shame in just trying to be closer. Physically and mentally." He said.

I knew that I liked Nate but I never fully considered if he might like me.

"Well love, sorry to break it to you but we've still got to get ready to go to breakfast." I said.

"Oh so my names love now?" He said turning over.

"Relax. Nothing serious. Remember this is just to prove to Benji and my family that I can have good relationships. Now go get ready." I said.

"Whatever works for you darling." He said smiling as he walked into the closet.

I was kinda getting used to this. After around 20 minutes of both of us getting ready we walked downstairs.

"Dad? Mom?" I called.

We walked into the kitchen and saw my mom and my sister making breakfast and my brother, my dad and niece and nephews at the table.

"Maddie." My dad said happily.

He stood up and hugged me.

He looked over at Nate. "Who's this?"

"Uh. Dad. This is my boyfriend, Nate Gerald. Nate, this is my dad Matthew Minehart." I introduced.

"Uhm. Very nice to meet you Mr. Minehart." Nate said sticking his hand out to shake.

"Likewise Mr. Gerald. So. What are your intentions with my daughter?" He asked.

"Dad-"I started.

"No it's fine love." Nate said. "Well I'd like to form a long relationship with her and treat her with respect and give her everything she'd ever dream of."

Surprisingly good miniature speech there. My dad looked at him for a few moments too to bottom. Then got strangely close to him.

"If you hurt my little girl..." He said while pointing at his chest. "Something's going to go through this chest of yours and it won't be painless."

"Dad stop trying to scare him." I said. "Nate let's sit down."

"It's fine. One time in 9th grade I went out with this girl and her dad wrote my initials on a 3 milimeter calibre bullet." He said while sitting down.

"Don't get your hopes up my dad has a shotgun and has done that before." I said.