II: She Talks to Every Guy In Class

"Would you Michelle, give me the honour to be my girlfriend?" Were the spoken words that were followed by dramatic gasps, whispered snickers and cheery laughs from the small surrounding of audience that had gathered around us resultantly. And he knew exactly what he was doing.

He was there right in front of me, all real, knelt down on one knee and clutching my hand in his firmly. His dark eyes lightly shadowed with a humourous emotion, pouring inside of mine and making it harder for me to tear away my gaze. My heart panted wildly, but it was not in a good way by any means.

I honestly didn't know what to do, the entire dilemma seemed to have paralysed me at my spot. 

"I... I don't-" My breath hitched but it was cut off by the chuckling of his friends at the back.

"Oh, come on, just reveal it to her already. Else she's going to get all serious about it," I heard a random guy crackle from behind the formed group. I looked around to find some of the students filming our embarrassing encounter, making fun and gossiping as if having the time of their lives.

"Yeah, cut it already," Another girl sneered.

He steadied himself again, the slyest smile growing on his face. "Sorry, it was just a dare," he said, without the hint of the slightest apology on his face. But the subtle shift in his features proved me otherwise though. "You were clearly delusional to think I'd ever like someone like you,"

I simply stood there, staring at him with hollow eyes, and a hollower heart. Sometimes, I just didn't know the answer to such moments, maybe because they weren't even questions to even begin with. It all felt like the paralysis of danger you would feel during a potentially harmful or, a fight or flight situation. Being on the wrong side of the misunderstanding wasn't really going to paint me anything less than just a villain.

"So now that I have everyone's attention," He continued, addressing to all the students in the room. "I would like to reveal a little something to you all." He clicked on the remote control that controlled the projector, projecting on a big screen of the classroom. My paranoia begun grazing my thoughts with what everyone was going to think about me, not that anyone had anything good to think about me anyways. "I must admit I had to break up with her because she talks to literally every guy in this class,"

It revealed a bunch of my texts and conversations about my confessions of him, that I had sent to the people who I thought were friends. And mine and his private conversations were all over there glaring through the light. Everything was there exposed and revealed, in front of everyone. Maybe he was right on his behalf. Maybe telling everyone else about me, calling me inappropriate names, and the false accusations he tried to label me with, were all well-deserved for me, considering how many people unarguably agreed with him.

And then he did the one thing I least expected from him. 

"I didn't mean to..." I shakily stuttered a defenceless defence, unsure of how to even react to it. And without a second thought, I quickly sprinted out of his way, past the chuckling students, and out of the long hallways, my face tear-stained, and my breathing ragged.

The moment was engraved in my mind like graffiti, lessons that I couldn't quite scratch off, and scars I couldn't put a bandage on.

"Are you okay?" A fragile voice snapped me out of my remembrances, and I blinked several times to root myself to the present. My eyes traced towards the source of the voice and looked beside me to find Marilyn with a concerned face. "You don't seem very well. What's on the phone?" She tried to steal a peek through it, but I quickly retracted it from her sight.