IX: My Only Girl Friend

"Cause there we are again on that little town street; you almost ran the red cause you were looking over me-"

Somewhere from the distance, I heard the radio click off, making me very upset at the interruption to the chorus. I groaned, positioning myself in the uncomfortable seat despite its cushioned feeling against my aching body. Rubbing my eyes with my knuckles, I regained my vision only to meet his eyes instead. He sat there frozen in his seat with his phone light illuminating his face that was pressed on his cheek.

And then it finally made sense.

I instantly rose into a sitting position, panicking and looking around to find myself in a car, parked outside a hospital in the dark.

"Can I get an explanation for this Edward?" I gasped at him, longingly waiting for his answer. I didn't know whether I was supposed to even trust him anymore after this interaction.

"I don't know." He shrugged, staring at me with sad eyes. "You tell me,"

"Why... Why am I in your car?" I panicked. "Why are we at the hospital?"

"I think you passed out from either low blood pressure." He shrugged, not looking pleased in the slightest. "Or perhaps just at the very sight of me,"

I wanted to scold him for his corny choice of words but the concern of me passing out just because of blood pressure overdid my thoughts. I opened my mouth to speak but closed it again, not knowing what to say or even think about this.

"What's the time?" I gasped again, fumbling in the seat to find my phone.

"You should eat something first." He handed me a protein shake, and some wrapped food, which I couldn't make out what it was. I frowned at him, rubbing my pulsating head in turn to clear my dizziness.

"Well... I don't know how it happened. I was just on a diet. It's nothing serious, trust me." I partially lied, taking a bite of the food to prove everything was okay.

"And what is this diet for?" He questioned, leaning his one arm against the staring wheel to cast the most judgemental look at me.

I just shook my head, not wanting to answer his inquisition, and decided to eat instead.

"Your phone's been constantly going off for the past hour. You should see if it's not anything useful," he informed, placing the vibrating phone on the dashboard. I instantly grabbed it to ensure it wasn't Mum worrying about my whereabouts. I swiped it unlock and saw an unknown number, that had several texts, that seemed drunk by the way they were worded.

As if on cue, I stopped eating, swallowing hard on the food, my anxiety taking over my appetite again.

"Who is it?" Edward asked in concern.

"Oh, it's nothing. Don't worry-" My voice came out weak and shaky. "I just need to go home," I quickly covered up, and he simply gave me a tired masked disappointed look before obliging. "I'm so sorry again for all the trouble I had put you through,"

He smoked on his final joint before answering. "It's not about that. You know exactly why I'm upset," I was stunned by his words, feeling very unhappy with myself for being so careless. I looked away, not wanting him to see my emotional expression.

"I know. I'm just a bad person in general. You didn't have to do all of this," I choked.

"You're not a bad person in any way," he assured me, and I could almost feel my heart tear up because I know it wasn't true. I heard him sigh heavily before igniting the engine to life and the radio resumed with streaming All Too Well.

...

Monday came by as fast as time could permit. I was all jitters and nervous about what could happen. No amount of distractions could play their part to keep me occupied.