XLI: Spying on Me

Edward and I cuddled in bed for the rest of the night, with him whispering sweet nothings into my ear.

And with that, I drifted into a deep sleep, one I hadn't in a while. I dreamt of completely unalike emotions, most of them being terrifying nightmares where I constantly felt like I was being followed and conspired against, and scary shadowy silhouettes, lurking in the dark.

Feeling all sweaty and uncomfortable, I woke up, adjusting my eyes to the dimly lit room. The continuous rhythm of Edward's heartbeat thrummed against my back when I slightly shifted from my position. I lightly inched away from his body, to get in a comfortable position, without meaning to wake him but saw him already wide awake, his body stiff as if not to disturb my sleep. He gave me a small smile while I looked at him, in awe.

"Good morning beautiful," He whispered, his voice utterly husky. His coarse fingers ran through my hair to ease me, eclipsing all my incoming anxieties and my heart melted at the gesture.

"Good morning," I whispered back gratefully, and I instantly got up from his lightly heaving chest to not make him uncomfortable with my weight. Before I could climb off, Edward pulled my arms, bringing me back into his warmth.

"Edward, I need to shower," I scolded, but he silenced me with his lips against mine.

"I'm seriously planning on moving here in your room. It feels so cosy," He murmured after pulling away.

"Mum would never allow that,"

"Oh, we'll convince her." He growled confidently,
and I turned away to hide my sheepish smile at him.

We exchanged our sweet small talk before he let me go, looking upset nonetheless. I decided to clean myself and change into fresh clothes and put some effort into my otherwise dead appearance despite the dizziness in my body that wasn't going away after all the sleep I had. But I was glad I had already started to feel better all of a sudden with Edward's undivided attention on me, and there was nothing else I wanted more from him.

I busied myself with other tasks as Edward and I mutually decided that we would be taking an off for the day from university to spend more time together, and I didn't mind it at all. He had told me he was going out to run a few errands and supplies, assuring me he'll be back soon, and in the meantime, I decided to spend my time on the phone.

Before that, I changed into a deep blue plaid skirt and a plain white top. Since I couldn't find my brush to comb my hair, I borrowed Mum's instead for a while. Mum wasn't at home as usual, typically engaged with her work.

I got on my bed again and climbed into it desperately and waited for Edward. For some reason, I decided to check up on Hannah again to make sure she wasn't bothering us, or Edward in particular again. He had told me he had blocked her from everywhere, but that didn't mean she wouldn't get her way with him to get into his head. 

I grabbed my phone, taking it out from the nightstand and my eyes landed on a bookmark. I picked it up, instantly realising it was the same I had used for the novel Marilyn gave me. But the book itself wasn't there anywhere. I pulled open the drawer and shuffled in there, but it wasn't there anywhere. I groaned to myself, thinking I must've forgotten it somewhere in my university library while reading it.

I heard a ping on my phone that interrupted and half expecting it would be Edward, I was met with a different text.

It was Hayden.

My heart leapt into my throat at what he might have to say after our unresolved commotion. I should've blocked him, after what Hayden said not so long ago and considering Edward's unhappiness, but the thought had slipped from my mind.