XL: Watching You?

I gawked at the written words glowing on the screen right in front of me.

Blinking several times to make sure I wasn't seeing things, and to no avail, the words just glared back at me, crystal clear. The sinking feeling inside my stomach begun settling down, and I somehow managed to unlock my eyes from the phone. Deciding to brush off the nagging thoughts, I pretended to be unfazed by Edward's persistent intrusion into my phone.

It wasn't the first time he was doing it anyways.

Or it also could've been Hannah's wrongdoing and she was messing with my head, trying to toss all the blame on Edward.

So, I decided to stick with the latter thought.

And I blocked him again.

It was late at night, me, alone with my occupying thoughts until I drifted off to sleep. The next day was a typical day at university and I knew I had to go if I didn't have to drop out. I couldn't dread more to go there, since there was nothing to look forward to, except rewinds of my past.

I walked through the university entrance, constantly checking my phone for any sign of Hayden but there wasn't. I could tell he was deeply hurt by my pushing him away, and the guilt had just started to eat me from the inside, at rejecting him for no reason. I contemplated apologising to him but couldn't land on a firm decision.

Paranoid just as the same during my journey to class, I sensed some of the students, gossiping and snickering behind my back. Sighing in relief, after finally reaching the partially crowded room, I took a seat at the far end as usual. Several classes passed by with me unseeingly staring at the whiteboard, yet my mind was far away. I had kept quiet the entire time, keeping my thoughts to myself, and waiting for the day to end so I could cuddle up inside my bed again.

I eyed Marilyn from the corner of my eye, who seemed to have moved on from my psychopathic company. The whole time she appeared to be uncomfortable, right after noticing my presence and uncertain in reaching out to me, so she didn't bother, and neither did I.

After the last class ticked to an end, I felt someone sit beside me. Half expecting it would be Edward, I looked up to find a friendly pair of dark brown eyes smiling at me.

"Hey, it's been a while." He smiled sincerely, perching himself in the empty chair.

"Hi Drake," I forced out the words, not quite in the mood to deal with him.

"How have you been?"

I didn't know who sent him to ask me this, this time, because the phrase sounded unlike anyone who'd use it for me. I didn't let my thoughts dictate my clouds so I spoke, "I don't know,"

"I don't know what's going on with you..." His eyes held a concerning expression. "Are we on good terms?" He asked again, quite hopefully and even though I wanted to say no, I couldn't bring myself to do it.

"I don't know Drake,"

"How's Edward been?" He questioned again and that right away, quirked my attention. Edward might've sent him to inquire about my opinions of him.

"Why do you ask?" I asked back, dodging the question.

"I don't know. It seemed like he might be the only reason why you've been ignoring me lately," He answered nonchalantly, giving me a blank wide-eyed stare.

I scoffed hard. "Perhaps you should ask him why."

"Edward talks about you all the time, saying how much he's in love." He let out a sly chuckle. "Seems like he's completely infatuated,"

"Did he send you for all this?" I waved my hands, trying to indicate the conversation.

Drake's frown resembled that of confusion, silently contemplating my words.