Episode 12A: The Delicious Last Course

(Start with an establishing shot of ELDER KETTLE's house. CUPHEAD narrates.)

Cuphead-(voice-only) After defeating the Devil, Mugman and I became heroes overnight. It wasn't even a week later--

Mugman-(interrupting) It was exactly a week later.

Cuphead-(continuing) That we got a special message.

(Cut to a shot of the front door from the inside. We hear a loud thump. Objects on the shelves on either side shake. CUPHEAD runs to answer the door.)

Cuphead-What could that possibly be?

(He answers the door. The BOATMAN is waiting on the other side.)

Cuphead-Huh? Who are you? And what was that noise?

Boatman-Well, the Legendary Chalice bid me carry a message to you. She told me to knock on your door, but she didn't tell me what to use, so I used my oar.

Cuphead-You use your hands! How could you possibly mix that up?

(MUGMAN approaches the door.)

Mugman-Did you say the Legendary Chalice sent you here?

Boatman-Yep. She needs your help. A far-off isle, a mysterious discovery, that sort of stuff. The boat awaits. Shall we depart?

Cuphead-What do you say, Mugman? You ready for another adventure?

Mugman-If someone needs our help, then I'm all in!

(Cut to the BOATMAN rowing the boys across the water. "THE DELICIOUS LAST COURSE" appears on the screen.)

Cuphead-What's this place we're going to again?

Boatman-We're going to the distant DLC Island.

Mugman-DLC. What does that mean?

Boatman-DLC means a lot of things to a lot of people. Me? I think it stands for Down Loadable Content.

Cuphead/Mugman-What?

(Cut to the pier on DLC Island. The boys are standing together looking around.)

Cuphead-What could Legendary Chalice be looking for all the way out here?

Mugman-Gosh, Cuphead. I don't know. I hope she's okay. We sure are far from home.

(Just then, a ghostly portal opens in front of them. CHALICE flies through it holding a cookie.)

Chalice-Jumpin' jellybeans, you boys made it! I have the most amazing news, and it all has to do with this here cookie! Take a bite and see for yourselves.

(She holds the cookie out.)

Mugman-Cookie!

(He snatches the cookie and takes a bite out of it. His eyes widen as he realizes he's just made a big mistakey-wakey. In a flash, CHALICE has a body [complete with a baby blue skirt and golden shoes] and is standing next to CUPHEAD while MUGMAN is the ghost.)